HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CRFMAYBE

Any OTD prices in Colorado area? Also invoice info...

4 posts in this topic

Anyone from around Colorado that have OTD prices to share? Best I can find at the moment is $6600 OTD.

And how is it that....

http://www.procycleusa.com/index.cfm?page=newvehicles&baseid=1419

Can post a price so far below what's offered in CO?

ALSO, for those interested in invoice data:

Bought this info for $15, figured I'd share...

2007 YZ 450F

List Price: $6999 (Blue/White)

List Price: $7099 (White/Silver)

Dealer Invoice: $6025 (Blue/White)

Dealer Invoice: $6108 (White/Silver)

Dealer invoice price includes a $216 freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.

Assembly Cost: $25 per Yamaha pricesheet

Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.

There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.

Ready to sell cost: $6050 (Blue/White)

Ready to sell cost: $6133 (White/Silver)

This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.

This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.

Wholesale Incentives: none at this time

Retail Incentives: March 1 - March 31, 2007 - $200 Customer Cash. Subtract from Ready to sell cost.

The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.

Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make

Glad to see someone else has done their homework before they made an impulse buy at the dealership!!:applause: :applause:

I don't know how they do it but i bought my 07 from them and it is legit:thumbsup: No hidden charges, bike was absolutely perfect without a scratch. I had my guard up driving out there expecting something shady but it was a great buying experience except for the drive to get there and back.

I asked the finance guy at the dealeship the same thing and here is what i got out of it. Missouri, at least the segment they are selling to rides quads, not motocross. He said they sell 7 quads for every dirtbike sold. This was a really small shop and they were strapped for showroom space. I am assuming that when you sign an agreement with yamaha you have to sell both quads and dirtbikes. I bet they want to get the bikes off the showroom floor to make more room for quads. The more bikes and quads you sell the more inventory the company is probably willing to allocate to your dealership. I am not saying they get them for cheaper, that would be against the law but they don't need to sell them for as much money?

But there is no way that the dealer is selling all dirtbikes for a loss. I am not sure if i agree with that invoice sheet even though it is legit! Yamaha must have some other special dealer incentives from time to time that the general public does not know about like the 3% kickback. I know the automotive industry will offer factory incentives to the dealers to move certain vehicles so i would not be suprised if the motorcycle industry does the same.

Bottom line is that shop is ridiculously cheap!! Street bikes were really cheap too. I could of bought an anniversary r6 or r1 for $1700 under MSRP? Same goes for their gsxrs and sv650's. It was not just yamahas they are selling for cheap.

I guess i don't have an answer for you but i do know that colorado dealerships sure make more than a few hundred bucks per bike!! I love that line being fed to me everytime i was looking to buy a bike in colorado. By the way, i don't buy locally anymore.

Everyone can chime in and tell my why i should buy locally because the dealers support races and keep the trails open and stock those little parts that i might need. Those are great points but not worth a thousand dollars a bike to me.

I give one dealership my small parts business but as far as buying bikes here...

Anyone from around Colorado that have OTD prices to share? Best I can find at the moment is $6600 OTD.

And how is it that....

http://www.procycleusa.com/index.cfm?page=newvehicles&baseid=1419

Can post a price so far below what's offered in CO?

ALSO, for those interested in invoice data:

Bought this info for $15, figured I'd share...

2007 YZ 450F

List Price: $6999 (Blue/White)

List Price: $7099 (White/Silver)

Dealer Invoice: $6025 (Blue/White)

Dealer Invoice: $6108 (White/Silver)

Dealer invoice price includes a $216 freight charge for shipping from the manufacturer to the dealership.

Assembly Cost: $25 per Yamaha pricesheet

Each dealership has its own method of figuring actual cost of assembly and preparation for sale.

There is no reimbursement by the factory for this cost to the dealer.

Ready to sell cost: $6050 (Blue/White)

Ready to sell cost: $6133 (White/Silver)

This model Yamaha has 3% (of list price) dealer holdback.

This holdback money is paid to dealers in at the end of the model year for units that are sold within the previous 12 months. Dealers must pay Yamaha the full "Dealer Invoice" price and wait up to 12 months after selling the machine to receive their dealer holdback.

Wholesale Incentives: none at this time

Retail Incentives: March 1 - March 31, 2007 - $200 Customer Cash. Subtract from Ready to sell cost.

The "Ready to sell cost" is the cost of the machine with NO PROFIT to a dealer. Dealers do not stay in business very long by selling machines for no profit.

Many dealers charge additional fees for "Freight and Setup" over and above the selling price of the machine. Add the "Selling Price" to the "Freight and Setup" charges and subtract the "Ready to sell cost" to determine the PROFIT a dealer is asking to make

Procycle has two shops. One in Columbia and one in Sprigfield. They do volume and buy out shops that are going out of buisness. They are a fairly big entity. The local dealer(here) said that there are those that do a great enough volume that they get a better deal from yamaha than do the smaller dealers.

Last time I was bike shopping Apex in Colorado Springs was much better than everyone else I checked with.

I bought my 2006 YZ450F from Thumpertalk. I'm done with dealerships. All new bikes will come in a crate for me from now on.