'04 WR450 questions?

I'm looking at two '04 WR450's w/ little usage on either one, and may end up buying one of them. Is there anything signifigant to look out for on that model? I've ready about the AIS mod, but apparently it applies to '05+. Any '04 tricks that need to be done to make it a good runner?

I'm looking at two '04 WR450's w/ little usage on either one, and may end up buying one of them. Is there anything signifigant to look out for on that model? I've ready about the AIS mod, but apparently it applies to '05+. Any '04 tricks that need to be done to make it a good runner?

If it's a U.S. model you will need to do the throttle stop, grey wire and air box mods if not already done... other than that go ride it... the 04's are awesome bikes. My 04' was a Canadian model so not many free mods were needed... go to the performance mods thread and you will find every you thing you need..

I think the woodruff key issue for the starter was on the 03's only.

I bought my '04 used from a dealer I think $3300 out the door, last year '06. The bike is fantastic! I added radiator guard, skid plate, hand guards but otherwise haven't changed anything from when I bought it. I think you are going to really like it.

I was so pleased with it I bought my son an '05 WR250 and I'm equally impressed with that machine. My son is pretty happy with it to.