HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Murmy26x

Dirttrack 07 450

17 posts in this topic

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

My 2007 Yamaha 450 set up for Dirt Track.

Racing the 2007 AMA Grand National Dirttrack Singles series.

60hp.

Cycra Powerflow Rad Shrouds

Cycra Powerflow Rear Fender

Cycra Powerflow Front Fender

Powersport Grafix

RHC Head

RHC grind Web Cam

RHC Bored Carb

CP 13:1 Piston

Supertrapp Exhaust

K&N X-Stream Air Filter

BoughnerRacing.com Suspension

WM4.5 Width Wheels front and rear by Santa Fe Motors

Hinson BTL Slipper Clutch

Universal Motocross CR High Bars

- Steve Murray

www.stevemurrayracing.com

Let me know if you need someone to ride it in a Vets race. :applause:

But, explain to an old flat tracker/speedway rider who rode Ascot Park with no brakes why you'd want a slipper clutch.

stop and go tt's it makes a huge difference on your line consistency during downshifts and lets you brake much later. goes through the square edge bumps without upsetting the chassis as much.

If you raced at Ascot without brakes then dirt track sure has changed alot. At some tracks the slipper isn't as useful and will be taken out.

Yeah, I can see it on a TT track, I suppose, But looking at it there without the front brake, I was thinking half mile, etc. Couldn't imagine that without good engine braking.

Best film of my era I can think of is in "On Any Sunday". Get a copy and check out the footage of Mark Breslford working the turns at the San Jose Mile. No brakes allowed.

I've often wished I could take a YZ450 back in time to my local TT races, and just run it in the open class with all the twins. They'd never know what hit 'em.

That is one beautiful ride. Good luck in the series.

What he said..

So what tires are those on there?

They look like Dunlop K180's, special for the purpose. Didn't have stuff like that back in the day. We had to use regular road tires like the K70 or Pirelli 's and cut them to suit the surface.

Wow that thing looks like a rocket! I imagine it does somewhere in the neighborhood of 100-110 mph right?

Can you give me an idea of how well the High Compression piston works? How did it alter your HP and power delivery?

Something like this one:

JR%20Schnabel.jpg

Close, but there is an older one of Steve on a CRF that is totally sick

Close, but there is an older one of Steve on a CRF that is totally sick

What I'd really like to see is today's half-milers at the old Ascot Park. Even with the stuff we had back in the day, you had to build everything on the left side as far up and in as you could get it, even on the singles. The traction was phenomenal, actually better than a lot of asphalt. Turn the front wheel in and roll the gas on, great fun.

can you tell me what diameter rims and both tire sizes , also exactly how much has the front /rear suspension been lowered? thanks...

can you tell me what diameter rims and both tire sizes , also exactly how much has the front /rear suspension been lowered? thanks...

Dirt Track wheels are 19"