fcr pumper for 650l

Please tell us more such as cost, where to get and anything else you can:prof:

PS I'm reading a lot about how good these pumper carbs are. I have no doubt the throttle response is better, but is there any dyno comparisons as far as actual power difference?

i installed my fcr on my pig today, with 160 main, 52pilot. it RIPS!!!!! i cant beleive the throttle response, and the power is killer! this all with a pod filter. highly recomend the keihin fcr!:applause: :applause: ? :p

Hi Martin

I too run an FCR41mm MX on my XR628.

How do you like the whistling noise?!!

i installed my fcr on my pig today, with 160 main, 52pilot. it RIPS!!!!! i cant beleive the throttle response, and the power is killer! this all with a pod filter. highly recomend the keihin fcr!:applause: :applause: ? :p

ur using a 41mm fcr? toss the air box? which adapter did you use for the carb manifold? was this a kit from sudco? finally..pics?? :p ?

hey fellas! b.man i got it from local bike shop for 500.00 with new cables and i havent dyno'd it yet. i do know that it is way snappier and stronger from idle to red line. rmhcr i kinda like the whistle, its soothing! a little more intake noise but sounds good. the bike really flows more air now! and yes this is the fcr 41. i did relocate the batt. and all electronics to the airbox so i have to run a uni pod filter. im just happy i got it jetted right first try! not to easy when using a pod. all the necessary adaptors came in the sudco kit. all fit great.:applause: :applause: ?th_100_7643.jpg

th_100_7642.jpg

th_100_7641.jpg

160 main? Is this a stock motor? I run a 185 main in mine and it still misses on the top when cold, going to 190. I guess my 3 angle valve job and porting really made the engine flow better.

MGS

didnt even try the 170 main cuz i knew it would be way too rich based on past testing with the cv carb. and actually the 160 is a tad rich at 2/3 throttle to wot! this is a stock engine except e2 slip on and pod filter. i am very happy with this carb's performance!

I'm interested to know why you think the 160 was rich at 2/3 to WOT. I'm going through the same process with my new FCR 41 on a xr600r. I had been thinking mine was too rich because it was cutting out at WOT. I tried everything from 145 to 175. After talking to the folks at Sudco, I'm beginning to think I was just hitting the rev limiter...still don't know! Sudco is absolutely convinced that the 170 is the correct jet for these bikes. I went back to the 170 and it really does run better thoughout the range.

you know it may just be me but it feels kinda like it doesent builds rpms as quickly from 4000 on up at those throttle settings. i put in a 160 main because when i did the dynojet kit to my cv carb, the 165 main was bogging up high. the 160 was perfect so thats what i did to this carb. maybee i need to ride it some more. i will check the plug tonite when iget home.i cant beleive a 170 would work at all unless you have had eng. mods done.

I'm interested to know why you think the 160 was rich at 2/3 to WOT. I'm going through the same process with my new FCR 41 on a xr600r. I had been thinking mine was too rich because it was cutting out at WOT. I tried everything from 145 to 175. After talking to the folks at Sudco, I'm beginning to think I was just hitting the rev limiter...still don't know! Sudco is absolutely convinced that the 170 is the correct jet for these bikes. I went back to the 170 and it really does run better thoughout the range.

I think I use a 180 or 190 in mine. (FCR41mmMX with TPS/ACV and choke)

(Opened up XR628 motor with sidecover mod/free exhaust)

that may be true, but i have a beautiful light chocolat brown color on my spark plug, no more hesitation and STRONG pull from idle all the way up. my oil temp hasnt gone up much at all. am i missing something? cause it runs very good. rmhcr, what is your elevation? you also are maybe running a cam and hicomp piston?

They do say that they prefer it slightly on the rich side, but that is standard advice from any tuner. I personally have never done the plug reading according to recommended protocol. My understanding is that just reading the plug after overall riding is meaningless in terms of determining what size main jet to use.

that may be true, but i have a beautiful light chocolat brown color on my spark plug, no more hesitation and STRONG pull from idle all the way up. my oil temp hasnt gone up much at all. am i missing something? cause it runs very good. rmhcr, what is your elevation? you also are maybe running a cam and hicomp piston?

martin

bike has HRC engine, setrab cooler, free open exhaust, elevation between 200m and 1500m asl.

my bike pulls like a train and doesnt get too hot.

I noticed once with a 160 it was very revvy and seemed to get very hot.