Fuel reserve range?

Does anyone know about how far you can go on reserve on a WR 450, if you baby it to get back? I was riding today and started to run out of fuel so I flipped it to reserve and started back to camp. I forgot to check to mileage but really didnt get to far and I start to run out again. Iam thinking I maybe rode 2-3 miles before it started to run out again, luckily I ran out in camp about 50 feet from my truck. Thanks in advance.

My buddies '06 gets about 5-6 miles on reserve with the stock tank. You may have to lay the bike on the petcock side to get all the fuel over to that side. It's not alot of fuel , that's why I put the IMS 3.1 gal tank on my '07. I can't stand fuel being a concern while out riding. WR Dave.

WRC

Here are the stats at screaming race, on the pipe - speed

37 Miles to reserve

47 miles ran out of gas

49 miles race finish

priceless!

So no SH*&%%t there I was. I must have been in first place overall at D 38 Superstition Nationals two months ago - OK maybe I was behind a few kids on 50s and a wounded 4wd quad guy but I was fast!

I ran out of gas 2 miles from the finish.

Damn you small tank!

WRC

Here are the stats at screaming race, on the pipe - speed

37 Miles to reserve

47 miles ran out of gas

49 miles race finish

priceless!

So no SH*&%%t there I was. I must have been in first place overall at D 38 Superstition Nationals two months ago - OK maybe I was behind a few kids on 50s and a wounded 4wd quad guy but I was fast!

I ran out of gas 2 miles from the finish.

Damn you small tank!

How long (time wise) was that race?

Whay bike do u have (year)?