Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BrianM500EXC

'04 YZF Exhaust on '04 WR?

6 posts in this topic

Yep. Just put an '05 YZF450 exhaust on my '04 WR450. '03-'05 YZF exhaust will fit '03-'06 WR. Definetely stronger in the mid-range and top-end; lost a little right off the bottom but it is well worth it IMO.

I too put a yz muffler on my 06, love the newfound power, and if i just put around it's not too loud either, keep the WOT runs for out of town only!

Picture3683Medium.jpg

MountainMax,

How do you like the YZF cam? I'm probably going that direction, but don't want to lose bottom end.

Thanks.

I love the yz cam and exhaust , way more power, better for wheelies and it never felt like i lost any bottom end, HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! it's harder to start with the magic button, jetting has to be spot on and you will have to use your hot start lever everytime on a hot restart.

I love the yz cam and exhaust , way more power, better for wheelies and it never felt like i lost any bottom end, HOWEVER!!!!!!!!!!!! it's harder to start with the magic button, jetting has to be spot on and you will have to use your hot start lever everytime on a hot restart.

OK, I'm in the process of doing all the free mods, and collecting jetting help from anyone with a similar setup. Where did you land with your jetting and what elevation do you ride? Also, once the jetting is spot on, is it still a pain to start sometimes? I travel with a group, and I don't want to be the one they're always waiting on.

Thanks!