Are Cycra Probends the Shiz?

I'm looking to take off my Rally Pro and try the Cycra. What is the best mounting system for Pro Taper bars on my WR? Side triple clamp mounts or regular bar clamps. I saw a pumpkin bike with very trick looking bar and hand gaurd mount in one. Who makes those, And will they work on my tractor?:applause:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Iam using the Cycra Probends on my 07 WR450, they are great. I have the bar mounted mounts right now, but just purchased the triple clamp unit today as I want to cut my bars down maybe 1 inch per side. The bar mounts wont allow you to cut down the bars, that much as the Pro tapers get to thick and put the mount at a weird angle if you try to move it in too far. Anyway they do work great as I have crashed pretty hard since they were installed, and havent broken a lever or had them move at all.

my cycra's with tripple clamp mounts took a branch off a paloverde that was about 6 inches thick when I ran into the tree during my last race.

I bent the hell outta the bolt in the bar end, but a new bolt and a handfull of whacks with a hammer, and they were good to go again.

The bark busters aren't for the "bling" factor, they are to save my hands in the tight trees that we ride in here. Broken levers is the least of my worries, you can't pull a lever with smashed fingers as a buddy of mine found out. Sorry if the "newness" of the bike is offensive, next time I will try to find a ratty looking new bike when I upgrade. I also don't recall needing to ask anyone how I should spend my dollars. This forum is for helping out other guys by showing what you've done. What have you done for us lately???? Taffy would be ripping this forum a new one if he was still on here. WR Dave.

The bark busters aren't for the "bling" factor, they are to save my hands in the tight trees that we ride in here. Broken levers is the least of my worries, you can't pull a lever with smashed fingers as a buddy of mine found out. Sorry if the "newness" of the bike is offensive, next time I will try to find a ratty looking new bike when I upgrade. I also don't recall needing to ask anyone how I should spend my dollars. This forum is for helping out other guys by showing what you've done. What have you done for us lately???? Taffy would be ripping this forum a new one if he was still on here. WR Dave.

Whoa, that comes off pretty strong when I read it. But it's exactly what I was thinking. Function, fit, and looks I guess are what I'm looking for. Ca$h does'nt factor in.

I have the cycra probend with the side tripleclamp mount which I kept from my last bike (CRF250R). I noticed the 07WR (waiting for mine to arrive) has this metal plate that holds the head light right in there where the handguard mount should go. Do you think I'll be able to stick them all in there, or look for an alternative mounting system.

BTW: the probend are great as well as any mounting system that isn't on the handlebar. The price isnt cheap, but it saves your hands and you wont need to spend for any spare levers or expensive ASV ones.

Whoa, that comes off pretty strong when I read it. But it's exactly what I was thinking. Function, fit, and looks I guess are what I'm looking for. Ca$h does'nt factor in.

Sorry Resinlips, I was up late and getting cranky. Check my avatar under age and you will see that by this time in life, I don't feel that I have to justify my spending habits to anyone. I have increasingly become annoyed with the "attacks" by other forum members because some of us have new bikes. Hopefully you get your handguards figured out, I personally feel that anything is better than nothing for protection. BigcahunaK, I beleive all the brackets will fit, you may need longer pinch bolts though:excuseme: . WR Dave.

WR_Dave, I really like those Bonz.:applause:

Do they interfere with the brake line less than the triple clamp mount? My lever is slightly higher than I want it because of the interference. A bigger problem may show up after I put on my new Submount.:applause:

It also looks like you've got the right side hot start on there. You've got your start button rotated to the top, but it looks like the hot start would clear it if it were rotated down, anyway, except maybe the wire. I thought you switched back to the left side, though.?

The Bonz don't interfere with the way I have my bike set up. Your right I did move my hot start back to the left side, it was just too awkward to use on the right. You never know till you try it . Since that pic I havve installed some Allen head bolts and it makes the mounting of the Bonz a little cleaner. W Dave.

Big canunak, I just put the triple clamp mounts on my 07 WR yesterday I like them better than the bar mount which my Probends came with. The headlight brackets will fit with no changes other than removing the plastic front brake line holder on the left bracket. I used M8x 45mm bolts, 1.25 pitch to mount them. Be sure to retourqe them to 15 foot lbs. Hope this helps.

After seeing WR Daves Bonez I am sold (yes they do have some Bling) But i have a GPS mount, a horn button and swing away mirror and need the space.

Sweet answer to my over cluttered bars.

DSC01754.jpg

custom-cruiser, what kind of guards are these in the pic?? I just ordered a set of Moose Racing aluminum guards w/plastic covers a fews days ago.

WRDave, based on your experience, do you think the Moose set-up is sufficient protection if one can't afford the Cycra's w/ triple-clamp mount (or doesn't ride in the tight trees :applause: )? I'm still building my 07 and trying to make the coin go as far as possible with so many goodies on the wish list. That said, I'd prefer to skip the smashed fingers routine.

Thanks, Mark

I tried to install the Moose Guards today and no worky with my clutch cable. I couldn't get a good angle and I've decided to send them back. I'm about to order the new Enduro Engineering Evo Handguards, the bar mounts look like they'll solve my cable issue. I like the external deflectors too, no drilling the bark busters.

http://www.enduroeng.com/