HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
copstop450

how much rad fuild???

8 posts in this topic

will i read here that when its to the brim it tends to blow off and its only nesesary to fill it to the top of the fins? right now its at the fins and when i tip it to the right it goes over the fins. is this fine? its finally desided to stop leakin at that point so i guess its good there? thanks

Should be fine, just keep an eye out in case you start to boil. FWIW, my 06 is filled to the neck and I've never had any problems.

ya i fills mine to the neck it leaks out. but i read hear that the 03 450s are famous for leakin rad fuild and to the fins is enough

do u find that the weeping stops when its down to the level of the fins?

Never really noticed I just always fill it to the neck each ride....

Do what you are doing! Fill it up to the neck and ride it for the next few days. Keep an eye on it after and before each ride,>>>If the level stays at the fins then you will be fine. My coolant in my 06 stays right at the bottom of the neck and has stayed there for the 24 hours I have on the bike. Just make sure you can see coolant in the rad everytime you get ready to ride.

Me too, but come to think of it, it seems to then always weep down to the level just above the fins. Have coolant in my toy hauler and check the coolant level in the bike at the start of every ride. It seems like about 20-30 mils is all that I can top it up with but I always do just in case...

Probably wouldn't need to. But you never know..