Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StPeters21

Afam????

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone ran AFAM sprockets? I know Factory Yamaha does, but does anyone else. I just dont get the life out of my Renthal Sprockets. I ordered the AFAM today, can't hurt, and I'm hoping they last longer. If These aren't very good then I guess it's off to Sunstarr or Tag???

Chad

:applause:

Don't know much about Afam's. I use nothing but Primary Drive stuff from Rocky Mountain. You can get 2 sprockets and an o-ring chain for $60 something dollars and they will out-last most other brands.

Chad, the afams are way better then the renthals for sure. I'm partial to the Tags myself but either one is way better then Renthal. I've actually had renthal's wear out while putting them on! I think the teeth know it's just a matter of ten to fifteen minutes anyway, so they just start wearing in the box.hehe.lol. BJL

They just seem to get worse with everyone I buy....Makes me mad because I really like those black sprockets :applause:...heehee. Can always use the bling!

The best sprockets you will ever buy are Ironman......hands down.

They more cost more initially but last forever in a day.

I run Afam sprockets on my YZ250F and they last a lot longer than the Renthals. Tag sprockets are private labeled afam sprockets. Afam makes them for tag and I think that they are identical. I'm very interested to see how good the new Pro Taper sprockets are as I also think that they will be high quality sprockets. On a 450 the ironman is going to be the longest lasting one out there although they are quite spendy.

I've had a Tag on the '03 for a very long time considering it's aluminum, but they are hard anodized. Well worth the price difference compared to Renthal.

The best sprockets you will ever buy are Ironman......hands down.

They more cost more initially but last forever in a day.

x10.... i cant get my iron man to wear. im now on my second x-ring chain and front sprocket. the iron man still looks new