HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WRDogBoy

WR oil comsumption

6 posts in this topic

My WR426 requires a quart of oil everytime I ride. Is this normal? The bike isn't smoking - It must be loosing the oil through the crankcase vent. Is there a fix?

I rode a DRZ400 this weekend that was snappy revver with a 13/52 gearing. My WR is still stock 14/52. Will a 13 tooth counter sprocket enable my WR to wheelie pass the DRZcrap400?

My bike uses about a third of a quart per ride. Doesn't seem to burn it though. I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago but got no response.

Dan

No that's not normal...Only holds 1.57 Quarts during an oil change. At that rate you will never have to pull the drain plug. I might loose 100cc's out the vent after 4 or 5 really hard rides. Sounds like you have a blow by problem. I would contact Mark at MXTuner@mindspring .com, if anyone can give you some good reference points it would be him.

Bonzai :)

My '99 doesn't use any oil at all. I get a couple of drops out of the vent tube at the end of the day but I never lose any appreciable amount of oil between oil changes (every 300 miles or so).

Then again, it may be a good thing to drop oil. Kind of like Hansel and Gretel's breadcrumbs so you can find your way home. :)

I don't loose oil between changes either.

You are......... starting the bike and running the motor before checking the oil??? If you don't, the oil will settle to the sump :)

Bill