WR oil comsumption

My WR426 requires a quart of oil everytime I ride. Is this normal? The bike isn't smoking - It must be loosing the oil through the crankcase vent. Is there a fix?

I rode a DRZ400 this weekend that was snappy revver with a 13/52 gearing. My WR is still stock 14/52. Will a 13 tooth counter sprocket enable my WR to wheelie pass the DRZcrap400?

My bike uses about a third of a quart per ride. Doesn't seem to burn it though. I asked the same question about 2 weeks ago but got no response.

Dan

No that's not normal...Only holds 1.57 Quarts during an oil change. At that rate you will never have to pull the drain plug. I might loose 100cc's out the vent after 4 or 5 really hard rides. Sounds like you have a blow by problem. I would contact Mark at MXTuner@mindspring .com, if anyone can give you some good reference points it would be him.

Bonzai :)

My '99 doesn't use any oil at all. I get a couple of drops out of the vent tube at the end of the day but I never lose any appreciable amount of oil between oil changes (every 300 miles or so).

Then again, it may be a good thing to drop oil. Kind of like Hansel and Gretel's breadcrumbs so you can find your way home. :)

I don`t lose any oil either

I don't loose oil between changes either.

You are......... starting the bike and running the motor before checking the oil??? If you don't, the oil will settle to the sump :)

Bill