HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
neevothespaniel

Top end differences between 250F / 450F

7 posts in this topic

I am looking at upgrading to a YZ450F. Could someone tell me if the valve train and top end are the same on both the 250F and 450F.

I am aware of the displacement differences, my question relates to maintenance and the replacement of parts (eg piston, rings, valves etc).

Thanks in advance.

The design is the same set-up for a 250f and 450f, but obviously everything internal (part wise) is totally different ... So any work (valve shimming/top ends) will be done the same way as your 250f ...

The parts on a 450 will wear out slower than a 250F because of the lower RPMs that it runs most of the time. Other than that, go about it maintaining it the same as a 250F.

So you get more power... a stronger longer lasting motor... simple maintenance like a 250F...

... Why doesn't everyone get the 450F :applause: