HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dezracerE

L.E.D. brake/taillight retrofit

11 posts in this topic

Anyone using the DRC LED brake/taillight from Wheeling Supply that fits in the stock XR lense?

I have an A.C. setup (no battery) and am wondering on how well it works before I try one.

I keep blowing 2 way bulbs in my current setup when I ride in the dirt.

I have the light you are talking about and really like it. It is very bright and is easy to install. I am not sure of the durability of it yet, as it only has about 50 miles on it. When I mounted mine, I did not use the bracket wheeling supplies and instead, cut the stock rubber and left it in the fender. I mounted the light directly to fender with the stock rubber underneath. This acts as a rubber mount and takes some vibration out. It did not affect the light output.

Anyone using the DRC LED brake/taillight from Wheeling Supply that fits in the stock XR lense?

I have an A.C. setup (no battery) and am wondering on how well it works before I try one.

I keep blowing 2 way bulbs in my current setup when I ride in the dirt.

Do a search on that in the forums. there was a pretty long discussion about them when they first came out. Think most were pretty happy with them though a couple have had them burn out. Same with Baja Designs LED tailight. Don't think they are REALLY made to bounce around like a dirt bike does. But then neither are the bulbs, as you know.

I have 1K street miles so far with mine and just started taking it offroad. I'm running it off of the AC only with a rewound stator and I'm really happy with the setup. The first one I got was faulty and Forrest at WCS shipped a replacement out right away. As has been said many times here, WCS has awesome customer service, I'm a repeat customer for sure.

Can I get a link to these lights you're talking about? I just bought a new UFO rear fender and Baja Designs LED taillight / license plate mount, but I don't have the actual light for the stock fender (bike didn't come with it).

I'd love to see a link as well, because I quit riding at night because the stock tail light keeps going out since I installed a new stator.

I do not know how to post links but the site is:

Wheeling Cycle Supply

I have 1K street miles so far with mine and just started taking it offroad. I'm running it off of the AC only with a rewound stator and I'm really happy with the setup. The first one I got was faulty and Forrest at WCS shipped a replacement out right away. As has been said many times here, WCS has awesome customer service, I'm a repeat customer for sure.

Street is ok for the bulb setup- let us know how well it holds up off road.

$19 is a lot to spend everytime an led blows out. As it is- the bulbs cost me $2.40 apiece.

I bought a similar LED replacement throught SuperbrightLEDs.com for less than 1/2 the price. It was a replacement for an 1157 so I just cut the wires which went to the bulb base adaptor & wired it direct to my wiring harness. I then mounted it under the stock lense with some clear silicone adhesive caulk. Works great.