L.E.D. brake/taillight retrofit

Anyone using the DRC LED brake/taillight from Wheeling Supply that fits in the stock XR lense?

I have an A.C. setup (no battery) and am wondering on how well it works before I try one.

I keep blowing 2 way bulbs in my current setup when I ride in the dirt.

I have the light you are talking about and really like it. It is very bright and is easy to install. I am not sure of the durability of it yet, as it only has about 50 miles on it. When I mounted mine, I did not use the bracket wheeling supplies and instead, cut the stock rubber and left it in the fender. I mounted the light directly to fender with the stock rubber underneath. This acts as a rubber mount and takes some vibration out. It did not affect the light output.

Anyone using the DRC LED brake/taillight from Wheeling Supply that fits in the stock XR lense?

I have an A.C. setup (no battery) and am wondering on how well it works before I try one.

I keep blowing 2 way bulbs in my current setup when I ride in the dirt.

Do a search on that in the forums. there was a pretty long discussion about them when they first came out. Think most were pretty happy with them though a couple have had them burn out. Same with Baja Designs LED tailight. Don't think they are REALLY made to bounce around like a dirt bike does. But then neither are the bulbs, as you know.

I have 1K street miles so far with mine and just started taking it offroad. I'm running it off of the AC only with a rewound stator and I'm really happy with the setup. The first one I got was faulty and Forrest at WCS shipped a replacement out right away. As has been said many times here, WCS has awesome customer service, I'm a repeat customer for sure.

Can I get a link to these lights you're talking about? I just bought a new UFO rear fender and Baja Designs LED taillight / license plate mount, but I don't have the actual light for the stock fender (bike didn't come with it).

I'd love to see a link as well, because I quit riding at night because the stock tail light keeps going out since I installed a new stator.

I do not know how to post links but the site is:

Wheeling Cycle Supply

I have 1K street miles so far with mine and just started taking it offroad. I'm running it off of the AC only with a rewound stator and I'm really happy with the setup. The first one I got was faulty and Forrest at WCS shipped a replacement out right away. As has been said many times here, WCS has awesome customer service, I'm a repeat customer for sure.

Street is ok for the bulb setup- let us know how well it holds up off road.

$19 is a lot to spend everytime an led blows out. As it is- the bulbs cost me $2.40 apiece.

I bought a similar LED replacement throught SuperbrightLEDs.com for less than 1/2 the price. It was a replacement for an 1157 so I just cut the wires which went to the bulb base adaptor & wired it direct to my wiring harness. I then mounted it under the stock lense with some clear silicone adhesive caulk. Works great.