4 wheelers and Rams $uck!

Well, maybe not the Rams....CONGRATS to the PATS.

I love Adam V, I think he is due for a pay raise.

What an awsome game.

4-wheelers, on the other hand,suck for sure! The laws for winter riding require a base of 5 or so inches before you can LEGALLY ride the trails. I guess 4-wheeler owners do not think this applies to them. These actions have caused a lot of winter riding to become posted and closed to ATV's. Now these trails are closed to us all year. LOOSERS! God, I hate 4-wheelers!!!

can't say 4 wheeler are the problem but... I've noticed the folks that ride them seem to be the non-helmet wearing, beer drinking (while riding anyways), trash throwing types.

i know that's a stereotype, but it sure seems that way to my.

Where I ride if you have a 4 wheeler you should ride it with cutoff jeans, flip flops, no helmet and of course a wife beater, And that's the "ladies". Apparently the "thing to do" is ride towards me then at the last moment hang a right in front of me thus causing a huge cloud of dust both blinding me and choking me. If done correctly, you can escape before I have time to stop coughing. But I will be looking out for you, and with those shorts and t-shirt... My roost is gonna hurt you a lot more than it is gonna hurt me.

I'v said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing screams Whisky Tango like a quad!

Even the sorry folks still riding 3 wheelers are better than those clowns. ?

i see the same things where i ride. guies with wife beaters sneakers and jean shorts alot of the time no helmits but hey they do ride w/ gloves!! some on banshees heve the "dead man switches" so if they are stupid and fall off tryin to show off their quad wont keep going.

Funniest thing I've ever saw riding was a 300+ pounder in full MX riding gear wallowing and jiggling down a whoop section on a raptor. His chest protector barely made it past his nipples. It was piped but the suspension was obviously stock. I guess it was more important for him to have a cool sounding quad than keep it off the stops.

I've also seen a couple of guys that could ride their quads pretty well on the local mx track, but they kick up the dust like a pack of 10 bikes.

We all get stereotyped as the same group so no point in bashing them.

SINCE I'M A FORMER QUAD RACER, I WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON THE STEREOTYPICAL RECREATIONAL QUAD RIDERS THAT YOU ALL HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT. I ONLY HAVE ONE THING TO SAY... YOU ARE CORRECT!! I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU ALL MORE. THOSE PEOPLE OUT THERE RIDING QUADS W/O HELMETS, BEER IN HAND, WIFE BEATERS ON, AND A KILL SWITCH ON THE BANSHEE JUST IN CASE THEY MIGHT HAPPEN TO LOOSE THEIR BALANCE WHILE RIDING AT HIGH SPEEDS AND DRINKING ARE THE SMALL PERCENTAGE OF PEOPLE THAT GIVE QUADS A BAD REP. I LOVE QUAD RACING BUT THE STEREOTYPE IS VERY HARD TO GET AROUND. IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET SPONSORS BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE THAT. I HOPE YOU GUYS ACTUALLY MEET SOME QUAD RIDERS THAT ARE MORE FRIENDLY TO BIKES AND TRAILS.

The biggest problem is the public, state and government put us in the same class as the 4 wheeler. We are not. Everyone I know through this site as well as everyone I ride with at home are a much better class of people. We (the people I ride with)all ride responsibly, wear the gear, stay in the trails, pick up other trash and try to ride as stealthy as possible.

You should see or better yet witness the Hillbilly Southern Quad/4-Wheeler society here in the Southeast! I call them the toothless bunch....they come out in droves. No helmets, coolers full of beer, ugly babes on back, & they all wear their hunting gear. They really dislike the motorcycle riders as we try to go around them on most of the ORV area trails here. Last weekend at a South Ga poker run...there must have been 200-300 of them. Yes, we were the minority that day & they hated us. We almost got into 3 fights with them over passing them. They try to take the motorcycles out by smacking into the rear tire or swingarm with their big balloon tires. Then they park their quads right in the middle of the trail, these people have no qualms about being rednecks in the woods. But better than that : Give them the biggest, nastiest mudhole or small pond & see what they do. It gets really humorous after about 2 12pks of beer later. These people need help!!!!!!!!!!

I always catch the quad guys with the same Carhards gear, no helmet, ugly babe, giant utility type ATV that has no business on the trails here in Ohio. Well, maybe they aren't that ugly, but after sitting on the back of an ATV for a couple of hours, no one is going to look good. The sport quad riders are courteous and prepared, it's the utility guys that think they can are invinceable on a 500 lb machine w/ a swerve on. All too much I see them doing really stupid stuff, such as mentioned above waiting until the last minute to get out of the way or trying to go through a mudholes that are present even in the dry summer (read underground spring, black nasty mud that non one has a chance of making!)

They aren't all bad, I think we see the casual lay-quad rider more than the serious types and that leaves us with the wrong impression.

As a co-worker says, "out with the jive, in with the love". Why don't we all stop and talk to one of these guys and try to understand why they the safety issues are being ignored? Maybe they think a quad is safe or the "everyone esle does it must be OK" principal.

Let's try to change their attitude about safety and land use, we all need to share the trails together.

Mcarp I have a better idea. Next time you see some of these jugheads doing something that could lead to a prime spot on Real TV, whip out the video camera and start shooting. I'm sure this will spur them on to try some outragous and dangerous stuff. Then you could post the videos and we could all have a good laugh. ?

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: Scarylong ]

Originally posted by John H:

[QB]can't say 4 wheelers are the problem but... I've noticed the folks that ride them seem to be the beer drinking (while riding anyways and sitting at home),

hey that is what i do on my bike. Me and all my buddies. We are called REDNECKS. LOL just kidding. But we do wear helmets. and pack a sixer with us while riding. Name someone who dosent. Oh yea not a sixer each. one sixer for the whole group

Hey AK,

Was that a person or a polar bear you saw riding that raptor? :D

How many kidney belts was he wearing? One for each? ?

I bet he was wearing knee pads on his elbows huh!! :D

Oh yeah, he was so big he didn't need pads.

I'm such a bad person.

Dan :D

Oh yeah, I'm an EAGLES fan. RAMS SUCK!!!!! :D:D:D

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: Dan Lawrence ]

i hate quads, too. the kids around here who have quads don't seem to think that any rules apply to them... they ride the roads, on posted land, across lawns, etc.. and get the rest of us bike riders in trouble with the cops...it's funny... there's a kid with a warrior who thinks he can outrun cops...hahaha... the thing has like a top speed of 55 mph...

"please disengage mower deck before entering the trails"

LOL

just dirt bikes with training wheels...LOL

they think they can ride wheelies cuz they can pop their quadmobiles back onto the grab-bar and let it grind the whole way down a field... what a bunch of morons...

and they make the race track suck. they always slick out the turns...

i feel better... i needed that... later all...