first race on 07 450

I know I'm labeled as a newbie, but I have been using TT as a resource for a long time. I raced a 02 426 for 5 years with ALOT of help from TT and it's members. I guess you could say I'm quiet, but I have to share my experience this weekend.

I picked up a 07 450 a week ago on saturday and broke it in on the next day. The bike felt good but I was trail riding and it didn't feel that different from the old 426. :excuseme: I started to question my decision.

I had my first race yesterday and I was very impressed with the bike. The 450 really shined on the track. The suspension is like night and day compaired to my old bike. In my first moto I came out second finshed first and in the second moto I got the hole shot low sided in a 4th gear corner. I got up and was trying to start the bike when everybody passed me. I finally got the bike started (starting has been more difficult than the 426 ) and put my head down. I caught and passed everybody in my class for the win.

So what makes this so special that I had to share and break my silence?!?

I have never won a race in 5 years. The best overall finish I have had is 4th. I even beat a friend (he got me into mx) in the 30+ class that I have never been able to keep up with in practice not to mention racing.

I love this bike :p

If any of you are on the fence trying to decide if the new bike and money is worth it I would have to say YES! :applause:

Thanks TT for all the help and advice over the years.

With Respect,

Chan

You didnt by the chance race at bowling green KY. did you! I believe the track name is ballance mx. The United States mega series went to that track about a week ago and that is the series I run in and I race in the 30+ and also the 25+ am class. Let me know

Congrats...

That is a great result for you and the bike... :applause:

captain: no it wasn't ballance but I raced there last year. Awesome track. I plan on racing the "toyota bluegrass classic" aug. 11th race there this year.

The race this weekend was @ podium 1 in charlestown, IN. Very nice track with alot of elevation changes.

congrats on the win.. welcome to the 450 club.. i love my 07..

congrats on the win.. welcome to the 450 club.. i love my 07..

rubbing hands.... can't wait till I get one..

The 05 I have is awesome but from what I keep reading the 07 is night and day better...

I will say this: With very few exceptions, an '06-'07 YZ450F will make anyone faster than they are now.

I will say this: With very few exceptions, an '06-'07 YZ450F will make anyone faster than they are now.

AMEN!!!!!:applause:

Good for you man! I love my 06. Very smooooth!

Congratulations Chan!

I've been quietly reading TT for a long time as well and never felt i had something to contribute with (considering I was riding KTM 250SX - now for sale)...

Thank you for posting - I think this just convinced me to go for 07 YZ450F!

I think the key term is "an '07 YZF will make you smoother, and more confident" which ultimately leads to faster........ I find that I can also ride a bit longer with less fatigue, which also leads to passing more riders later in the moto....

The end result is, you're faster. Point.

I agree bike is much smoother but it is more than engine characteristics. The suspension is unbelievable. The particular track I raced this weekend has some nasty breaker bumps that would give me arm pump so bad that I could not pull in the clutch on the 426.

The 450 I didn't even feel the breaker bumps. Buy the end of the day I was like "what breaker bumps". Another thing I notice, I could ride the 4th lap as fast as the 1st.

I just can't say enough about the bike, it is awesome.

nice job on your win!:applause:

i agree, this bike will certainly allow you to ride at your fastest, with the least effort!

:applause:

Chan,

Congratulations! That's awesome for your first race on your new bike. Where did you race in Kentucky? I used to live in Burlington, Ky. by the Greater Cincinnati airport.