EJQ needle part #

Well.....

I currently have a DVR on 4. 200MAJ, 75PAJ, 155MJ, 42PJ, Pilot screw 2 turns out. This was before the grey wire mod and soon BK mod, (I plan on doing it tonight once my drill charges.) I live at 6000ft. Didn't actually time the accelorator pump but it was definitely a LONG duration.

While searching, all the others that live at this altitude were recomending EJQ or EKP. I also plan on putting in a 160 MJ. It is my understanding that this mod really leans the mixture. Increasing the main jet richens the mixture, right? As for the needle,I understand the code, but really have no way of knowing which one to begin with.

Does this sound CRAZY!!!

Dan

Dan

going from a D series to an E series, you are going to be richer at the top end so that 155MJ should come down to a 150MJ-if it's been running ok up to now.

JD knows that i recommend the EMM or EMN for sea level. at higher altitudes maybe a N or a P so EKN or EKP.

Taffy

Dan,

Do a search on EMN or EMP and look for posts with my username. I provided Larry some of these part numbers a few months ago, Nov-Dec timeframe.

The vendor for them is Sudco. They sell the all brass needles which are way cheaper than the coated Yamaha parts. Search the archives for Sudco and you will find their 800 number.

I was playing around with jetting several months ago and left off with the settings you see in my sig. They work very well with the fairly restrictive euro exhaust. Sudco will also have any jets you need too.

Dan,

I'd be curious to hear about your results using the EKN and/or EKP needles. I have an EKQ (see below in the "sig") and the bike runs great (with a 162 main). Hopefully, when things warm up a bit here, I'll get to try them myself and see. But obviously any headstart that I can get would be helpful...

Drop me a personal message or post your results (I started a thread several months ago entitled "High altitude jetting" or something like that.

Thanks in advance!

Larry