04 yz450

my local dealer as a left over 04 yz450 with no hours on it still in crate for 4500. i can get it otd for 4700 cause of family discount (bought 8 bikes there) how much better is the 06 or 07 i realy need a bigger bike and wont buy anyhting but a yam. how is the deal on the 04 is it good or bad

josh

my local dealer as a left over 04 yz450 with no hours on it still in crate for 4500. i can get it otd for 4700 cause of family discount (bought 8 bikes there) how much better is the 06 or 07 i realy need a bigger bike and wont buy anyhting but a yam. how is the deal on the 04 is it good or bad

josh

Wow, $100 less than I bought my bike for in August of '04. I got the very same bike bike NEW for $4800. I'd talk to your dealer a bit more.

Dirty

For a bike that old? I wouldn't care if it was new or not, I'd offer him $3,000 cash OTD. He can sell it at that if he really wants to get rid of it.

If not, save a little more and find a leftover '06 or '07.

I have an 04', and I love it , But if I were you, I'd only get the bike if the dealer let's it go for about $ 3700 or less. The 06' and 07' models handle much better.....i.e. Yamaha redesigned the bike to feel way lighter, and not have the "top-heavy" feel that the 03'-05' models have.

thats what i was thinking. they have some left overs from 05 and 06 that they got from another dealer closing and this is one they got they have 1 05 2 06's and 3 new 07. im working here next summer so ill just wait so i can get the family discount and workers discount:thumbsup:

Yup, if you really want that '04, I'd walk in to talk things over with him for a bit, then pull out a absurdly low number of crisp $100 bills, I'd say 30 to 40 of them and tell him you'd be willing to trade your money for his motor bike. Make sure to let him know how reasonably you can pick up a new model year or one year old version of the very same bike for what his coming out price.

Dirty

That bike is no where worth $4700. If you are getting the good guy price i would hate to see what he would charge the average joe. Have you thought of finding a new place to buy bikes?

I was looking at buying a new 06 last fall for $4800 OTD. I had an 04 and its a great bike but if you dare ride an 06 or 07 you will just laugh at the thought of buying an 04 for $4700. I was able to sell my 04 for $3000 this year. $3500 OTD sounds more realistic.

No way worth what he's trying to gouge you for.I bought my '04 OTD for 4900$ in '04..I love my bike but thats beside the point.Call other dealerships and ask about their "leftovers",they'll assuredly beat that price easy.