HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bibleman

Too little protection with trimmed front fender?

13 posts in this topic

I'm considering trimming the front fender on my XRL mainly for appearance. Anyone notice a difference in water or mud spray from front wheel when trimming say about five inches?

I see no difference except the front tip twists/shakes less at high speeds. I cut mine 2 1/2".

Hey there,

I trimmed my XRR front fender about 5 inches and I notice no difference with regards to water spray. It did a fine job keeping mud off me on my last ride also, and it was MUDDY. Looks much better than stock. I also trimmed the rear of the fender about 3 inches to help with the cooling.

Steve

I put an XR400 front fender on my L (perfect fit) and I cut 3 slots in the back to help increase air flow to the head. I think it looks pretty good.:applause:

Not only do they look stupid (IMHO), but you get a lot of back spray and mud in your face.

I cut mine 2 1/2".

Heres a picture. It took the droop out of the fender. (picture is from Delta, PA).

DSC_0008.jpg

I cut the stock fender on my 06 650L back about 4" on the front, still provides good protection from spray and dirt and looks alot less droopy. The high speed fender wobble is pretty much a thing of the past too.

Obviously whether you cut the FRONT of the front fender or the BACK of the front fender is going to determine whether you get wet.

I trimmed 5" from the front of my XR650L front fender, and drilled four large holes (1.25") at the rear of the fender for a little airflow to engine ... no splatter, etc. thru mud and water so far ... :applause:

I cut mine about 4",very much like the supermoto fenders.there's a little spray when wet but definitley got rid of the high speed buffeting wich is worth the little incovinience.