HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nillbag

Handle Bar Settings

5 posts in this topic

what is the best Handle bar setting for Motocross I have a 06 Yz 450 and I was wondering if there is any Certain setting that is better I have it on the center line right now when I sit it is pretty comfortable but when I stand they seem a little to low

For most people, the stock '06 YZ bars are too low no matter what, short of mounting them on risers.

If you are 5'10"-6', the Reed/Henry bend will be much more to your liking, taller, up to 6'4", something like the Windham bend. Even the standard YZ High bar from Pro Taper is a little taller than the '06.

gray, i have to chime in on this one. while rider ability and size has alot to do with this; i think that personal preference is a factor. i'm 5'6" and 163lbs and am an average B rider. after doing all the average 06 yz450f tricks to get it to obey, i tried the protaper windham bars and worked for me and have been good since. do you know anyone like me, or am i a mutant?

I'm not prepared to label you a mutant, but you're the first person of your height that I've heard of that likes the Windhams. But I know some people not much taller than I (5'10") who like the Pastrana FMX bend or the KX high, both of which are much taller than the KW's.

I find the Windhams a little tall feeling ( my 6'3" son rides the '06 most of the time) but after a lap or so, I feel fine with them.