HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bryan Bosch

Worth more in Oregon or So. Cal?

7 posts in this topic

TT'ers,

It looks like I'm moving back to San Diego and I'm wondering if I should take my bike or sell it before I leave. Is it worth more in the pacific NW or in So. Cal? I did double check today and the 8th digit of my VIN is a "W". I believe that this means that it will be green stickerable.

Bryan

Originally posted by Bryan Bosch:

TT'ers,

I did double check today and the 8th digit of my VIN is a "W". I believe that this means that it will be green stickerable.

Bryan

Must be nice... :)

I would imagine that a green sticker bike in California would be worth a little more. You are not trading it in to get a Katoom are you? :)

From what I have read it is the 8th position of the VIN that indicates if it will get a red or green sticker. If the 8th position is a '3' or 'C' it gets a red, anything else is green. A '99 WR is a green sticker bike. 2001 and later is red. I'm not sure about the 2000 model. See:

http://www.trailsandwheels.com/greensticker.html

Do a search on http://www.cycletrader.com for your year and model bike. You can do searches by state and get a good idea what the bike is going for in different areas. When I search for stuff in California it seems like 75% of the bikes for sale are in or around San Diego, so you might have some competition for buyers down there.

Bryan,

Why on earth would you want to move back to California after living in Oregon??????????

Makes no sense to me unless maybe you want to eat better and more often. Fill me in.

Thanx Jim

Bryan,

Another question!!!! why sell the bike or is the whole state of California now closed to off road vehicles??????? Jim