Need Gray Wire Help-'01 WR426

Hi All-

I need a fellow '01 owner's help on this one. I disconnected the gray wire shown in the FAR LEFT of the picture and my bike would not start. Its a good thing I followed your advice and pulled the wire and not cut. Anyway, the only other wire that resembles gray is the "charcoal" wire in the middle of the harness on the right side of the picture. This is the only other strand that comes from the CDI. Is this the wire or did I do something wrong with the left gray wire? Any info would be appreciated...Thanks!

PersonalSpace.aspx?_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaHandler=TWljcm9zb2Z0LlNwYWNlcy5XZWIuUGFydHMuUGhvdG9BbGJ1bS5GdWxsTW9kZUNvbnRyb2xsZXI%24&_c11_PhotoAlbum_spaFolderID=cns!35F26CC77B821877!162&_c=PhotoAlbum

I had trouble finding the correct wire on my 02 because most of the information I read said it was a six pin connector but on the 02 it’s a two pin connector. If I remember it’s on the left side of the frame. I can email you a PDF of the wiring diagram if you would like.

Yes, the gray wire is in the two pin connector on these bikes. The other wire in the connector is black. It will be right next to the six pin connector you are looking at, and the side will depend on which side you pull them out to. They normally run right over the top of the engine between the top engine mounts. Hope this helps.

Josh

Byggd, yes could you post the pdf or pic. I unhooked the grey wire off my 02 WR426 in the 6 pin connector, the bike started fine, it was on the left side of the bike behind the tank. I am not sure about noticing any performance difference though, and i did not notice another grey wire in a 2 pin connector. You and jbrooks26 both state that it is a 2 pin so if this is correct than i unhooked the wrong connector and i need to reconnect it and look for a 2 pin. By unhooking the grey wire from the 2 pin connector did you notice a great performance change? As i stated i did not. Pleae inform me of my wrong doings :applause: .

Thank you

Byggd, yes could you post the pdf or pic. I unhooked the grey wire off my 02 WR426 in the 6 pin connector, the bike started fine, it was on the left side of the bike behind the tank. I am not sure about noticing any performance difference though, and i did not notice another grey wire in a 2 pin connector. You and jbrooks26 both state that it is a 2 pin so if this is correct than i unhooked the wrong connector and i need to reconnect it and look for a 2 pin. By unhooking the grey wire from the 2 pin connector did you notice a great performance change? As i stated i did not. Pleae inform me of my wrong doings :applause: .

Thank you

I tried to load it to photobucket but PDF files are not allowed. Shoot me a PM with you emial address and I can send it when I get home. I will also try to scan it into a jpg so I can post it for future reference.

-Don

Page 6-1 in your manual will show you which wire to disconnect. If you look at the schematic you will notice that there is not a 6 pin connector with a gray wire in it on the 02 WR426. It is a 2 pin connector on the 426's. Hope this helps.

Josh

Thank you

OK this is the best quality Photobucket will allow (unless I'm not doing it right which is always possible). :excuseme: In the lower left corner is the two pin connector with a grey and black wire. Again if anyone would like the PDF just shoot me a PM. I hope this helps.

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b122/byggd/?action=view&current=wr426wiringdiagram.jpg

• 2 weeks later...