lowered rear suspension

I bought my bike used from a dealer and haven't been able to speak to the old owner yet. Today I was able to compare my bike to a new wr426. The other bike owner noticed that my bike was about 2-3 inches lower in the rear at full extension. The old owner was about 5'7 and 235lbs. Could he have had the shock shortened. If so, how do I return it to normal. Is it difficult or expensive? The manual doesn't mention how to do it. Anyone know how this is done?

Dan

Dan -

Call Factory Connection and ask for Steve Fitch. He is a WR Guy! They lowered my bike and said it is fairly easy to raise it back to the stock height when I sell it. It probably just depends on who and how the previous owner had his work done.

Mine was done by changing the springs (rear shock and fork springs)and I believe shiming of some sort.

Good Luck.

Their number is 603/335-7023.

Thank you,

I will call him.

Dan

Dan:

It was nice meeting you on Saturday. Too bad there was too much snow to ride. Here's the name of the fellow up in Denver that my friend Ned and others I ride with like. I've not used him yet but will be going up in a week or two to have him re-charge my Ohlins shocks from one of my street bikes.

I still think your best bet is to contact the

original owner and find out exactly what he did. And, did he re-valve the forks as well?

Here's Ned's comments on Neil:

Anyway, I'm in no way affiliated with Neil- just a pleased customer. If you've got a shock that needs rebuilding or want to get it revalved, I think Neil could be your man. He charges $70 to rebuild (including oil and nitrogen) and $140

to rebuild and revalve. He offers free changes to the valving for 60 days as well.

Neil Hores

Hitchcock Industries

4003 S. Grant Street

Englewood, CO 80110-4705

303-761-4652