HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrmarty

carburator access nightmare (Rant)

3 posts in this topic

I just rejetted my 07. This is the fourth rejet job under my belt - all on different bikes. By far this was the hardest of them all. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get to the carb. I felt like I had to take the whole bike apart! I sure hope I don't have to go back there again.

I just rejetted my 07. This is the fourth rejet job under my belt - all on different bikes. By far this was the hardest of them all. I couldn't believe how hard it was to get to the carb. I felt like I had to take the whole bike apart! I sure hope I don't have to go back there again.

Two quick tips to make this job easier: one - remove the upper engine mounting brackets - opens up a lot of room, and two - when re-assembling put the shock in place but DO NOT bolt up either end. This allows you to move the shock to the side and makes it easier to slip the air boot on over the lip of the carb bell. Once done, then bolt up the shock.