HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TL426

brake fluid

5 posts in this topic

do i need to use any specific brake fluid for my '01 426, or can i just use the stuff i get at O'Reillys? thanks...

People on this forum, seem to like the Motul brand more than any other. Evidently a number of racers have said the Motul seems to give better performance. I believe Motul is one of the few brake fluid companies, that uses either Nitrogen, or some other inert gas,(in the bottle) to prevent Hrgroscopic action (i.e. sucking up water vapor). I haven't used it yet, but next time I'm going with Motul.

Nitrogen filled bottles are an admirable extra step to take, I guess, as long as they don't expect me to pay a lot for it. The amount of air in most new sealed containers is negligible, and nitrogen is as likely as air to bear water. Brake fluid has been packed in humidity controlled rooms with no problem for a hundred years. The trouble comes when you open the bottle, use part of it, and store it for a while. Buy small containers.