HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jon-D

XR600R - Rear Disk Brake, a little help needed

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I need a little help. My rear disk is slightly bent/worn and I have been searching e-bay for the past 6 months for an inexpensive used one without any luck. I see the new ones for sale on e-bay, but they are a bit steep for me. Anyone have a disk they could part with?

I kinda been keepin my eye out too. I thought I saw some new aftermarket somewhere. Maybe wave rotors for $70.00ish? Maybe a search will show up an answer.

The best deal that I know of is the Rocky Mountain Tusk brand. The rotors are $60 each. I have a rear one and I'm happy with it. The Tusk pads are inexpensive as well. It took them a little while to break in. At first the baking action was not the best. After a few rides the braking action got back to normal.