HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
14hockey

Front brake question?

5 posts in this topic

I just got back into riding last year after 10 years . I ride a Wr450f and I flip the clutch lever to the right side because I was born with one Arm .I use a prosthetic arm on my left side ,No problem.I used to put the front brake on the back side of the throttle but now when I do that the reservoir on the brake is upside down and unusable .Is there a wheel drum conversion or a reservoir that can be mounted out of the way and use cable to the brake lever. Or maybe a horizontal reservoir for front brake use.I have talked to a few people but all I've gotten are theories .I'am looking to remody this soon ,any help would be appreciated.

You dont need a front brake! its a four stroke thats why we have engine breaking.

Ya ,I know you don't need a front brake until you need a front brake .

Some of the mountains we go on and Down would be more easily handled if you could use a front brake when you need it.

've only got theories for you but u may not have heard them

1. Get a rekluse

2. Use a KTM clutch lever for your front brake. You'll need to check that the bore size is similar

3. Get a brake lever off of a sportsbike that has a remote reservoir and get it resleeved to the same internal diameter of the WR.

I use front brake 90% so I know what you mean. Good luck