lower chain guide material

I've been making my own chain guides for years. I went to a plastics shop that has all kinds of scraps available cheap. I talked to the guy there and told him what I needed and he suggested a chunk of material that he said would be harder than nylon, would have lower friction and higher melting point, but would still be soft enough to not crack. I bought it for 5 bucks and have made 3 or 4 blocks out of it for dirt bikes and Trials bikes that I've owned. Very durable and I still have at least half the block left. It very well might be Delrin. He said it was used mainly in AeroSpace manufacture on fixtures.

great idea,I use delrin all the time at work,I'm a fabricator at a major luxury yacht manufacture. The stuff has super wear resistance and it is self lubricating,you can buy it at mcmaster carr,check out their web site they have every thing you will ever need.

can you post some pics?:applause::excuseme:? :p ??? ?

Go with the delrin (acetal)wich has the low friction of teflon and the wear of nylon.Actually I'm in the process of fabricating one out of aluminum and definitely will be using Delrin for the chain slide.I even added some delrin stripes on the side panels for protection against road rash (for the bike that is..)Good luck.