HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iparky

Looking for some advice

3 posts in this topic

I think it is time to upgrade, or maybe not. I have a 2004 drz400e and just love it. I am 45 yo and started riding again when I bought my Suk, when not riding since I was 15 yo and that was limited riding. SO, I have gotten to the point that I either need to upgrade to either klx450f, or wr450f or even that RED bike, or spend money on the Suk to get her up to my level. The bike is currenty stock with only some carb work done for air box opening and did some stock silencer modifications. Where is the money spent the best and still have a reliable bike which I have had since I bought the Suk. I am just so confused and not sure what would be best for me. I know only I know what is best for me but I am looking for a little help.:applause:

the honda has valvetrain issues, so i would go with the klx or the wr, being that I own a wr and love it, i can recommend it, however i never wrode a klx to compare, you can go out and buy a dirt bike magazine or two as they often have comparisons and will say good and bad points with all of them, april dirt bike has just what you want go look for one....... Have fun.....

I think it is time to upgrade, or maybe not. I have a 2004 drz400e and just love it. I am 45 yo and started riding again when I bought my Suk, when not riding since I was 15 yo and that was limited riding. SO, I have gotten to the point that I either need to upgrade to either klx450f, or wr450f or even that RED bike, or spend money on the Suk to get her up to my level. The bike is currenty stock with only some carb work done for air box opening and did some stock silencer modifications. Where is the money spent the best and still have a reliable bike which I have had since I bought the Suk. I am just so confused and not sure what would be best for me. I know only I know what is best for me but I am looking for a little help.:applause:

You describe me about a year ago. I re-entered dirt riding at 47 with a DR650 and had fun with it till I started doing serious trail riding. I rode with a guy who had a WR450 and was really impressed with it. So last August I picked up an 05 WR450. It in a different league than the DR or DRZ. It is much more intense and much more capable. No matter what you do to the DRZ, it will not match the thrill of riding a competion bike like the WR.

Paul