HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ausimoto

flat spot YZ450 2006??

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys

a good mate of mine just fitted a vortex to his bike and re-jetted his carbi and now it has a flat spot when accellerating. I adjusted his air/fuel screw and put a smaller jet in it with no luck. If anyone could asist in rectifying this problem would be great:crazy:

cheers

Ausi

Do you mean a Vortex ignition? Does it have multiple maps? Or are you referring to a power now? Have you tried the jetting that was working before any other changes.

For one, your description of where and under what circumstance the "flat spot" occurs needs a little more detail.

Try using a baseline of 45/165/needle in #4/2 turns out, and see how it acts. If there are multiple ignition maps available on the Vortex , try a different one. If all else fails, try the stock CDI again to isolate the problem.

If you expect the bike to be able to take full throttle on a sudden snap form idle, you're dreaming. You can improve on the response a stock '06 is delivered with, but no big 4-stroke is ever going to do that without giving up something else.

It is a vortex ignition, and the flat spot occurs when you snap the throttle and the bike is that bad it stalls the engine. I will try the stock Ignition back on it to isolate the problem.

Thanks guys i will let you know how i go.

ausi

Guys

He thaught that by dropping the bike into a dealer it would fix the problem, but no after spending hundreds of dollars still a dead spot not as bad. Thanks for your advice guys.