HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ronin

Looking for WR426F motor

8 posts in this topic

Man, that would be one heck of a chain saw.

No, I'm looking into building a road race bike. I'm still figuring out what frame I'd use, but possibly a TZ or RS racebike frame. FZR400 frame would work too, just depends on what I come across.

I didn't know the 4 stroke motors were used in carts. I thought only the YZ125 motors were used. I'll check out the Yamaha site and see what I come across.

Also, it wouldn't have to be a Yamaha motor, A KTM 520 motor, or the like, would be good too. Staying blue is preferred though.

PLammer

Paul,

I don't know how much coin your willing to part with, but I saw a thread a few days ago about a

CRF450R crate engine on EBAY.

Try their search for CRF450 all subjects.

I believe it was 0 bids on a $3100.00 entry bid.

GOOD LUCK on your project.

I expect this is a long shot, but if anyone stumbles across a WR426F being parted out and it has a running motor, please drop me a line. I'm looking to pick up a motor with all electronics for a project.

Send mail to SlapDummy@hotmail.com

Thanks,

PLammer

My friend has a disassembled motor that he will probably sell cheap. Let me know if you are interested.