HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bibleman

Some first ride observations

4 posts in this topic

Suspension is very nice, jetting is WAY lean, engine has very little mechanical noise - especially considering it's air cooled.

Hey bibleman,

Welcome to the club...If I were you, i would do the Dave's mods, you'll wonder how the bike even worked without them!!

I agree about the suspension...people always trash on the bike because it has soft suspension. It is soft, but it is also really progressive. I think it is a great balance for fast dirt road ripping.

Having said that, don't jump unless the transitions are perfect, it will bottom out in stock setting on most larger jumps.

Enjoy your pig like I do!!

and when that sexy KTM rolls by, remember the commitment you made to the carefree life of XR ridership!!:applause:

She aint purdy, but she gets the job done.

I hear ya Piano. All necessary items for Dave's mods + are on the way. I assume from your handle you're a musician?

PS One more observation - a ton and a half of fun!

and when that sexy KTM rolls by, remember the commitment you made to the carefree life of XR ridership!!:excuseme:

She aint purdy, but she gets the job done.

I happen to think the XR400R/600R are some of the best looking trail bikes out there.:applause: