HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zrt1

Hot Cams stage 1 or stage 2 on xr650r???

9 posts in this topic

Ive got an 01 650r that I use for bombing around on the street, its got a full FMF pipe, and was looking at the Hot Cams. Does anyone have any real world experience with the two (stage 1 vs. stage 2)? Good, bad?? How much bottom end did you lose if any? thanks..

Stage II w/ 680 motor Eddie carb Barnum Exhaust 14-48 gearing Lost a little bottom end, but the bike hauls azz, the minor low end loss is insignificant, I ride dez 5th gear stuff, and it can be dealt w/ gearing...for the small tight stuff.............Get it.......

Is your bike still a stock bore 650? Will the stage two cam work with the stock compression?

I had my mechanic install a Hot Cams stage II cam and edelbrock carburator on an uncorked XR650R with a stock piston and exhaust. They jetted the carb on a dyno and dynoed it before they started. This combination yielded a large increase in torque over the entire RPM range including the bottom end. Horsepower is really up over 5000 RPM it just hauls like crazy. If you are a power freak this cam is for you also it sounds like a million bucks.

So if im jetted fine now, what sort of jetting needs to be done with the stage 2 cam? thanks..