HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
paswr450

blowing globes on wr450 04 model please help

8 posts in this topic

my wr450 seems to be blowing globes,i am suspecting the rectifier could be faulty,could someone please confirm this for me and let me know what is the correct voltage out of the rectifier. much appreciated

my wr450 seems to be blowing globes,i am suspecting the rectifier could be faulty,could someone please confirm this for me and let me know what is the correct voltage out of the rectifier. much appreciated

Does "globes" mean bulbs in Aussie speak?

I have heard of those regs going bad on the AC output. If you test voltage at the headlight you should around 13vac, but not much higher when you rev the motor. If you do you will need to replace the voltage regulator.

I had similar problems with my 05 from the start. Turned out the regulator/rec and stator were all in cahoots, and had to be replaced.

I called Trailtech, and ended up replacing the AC/DC system with a YZ or yzf stator and their regulator.

After looking into the AC/DC logic on the WR, I don't really understand why they do it that way, instead of staying with the YZ setup.

thanks again,just confirmed the voltage out of the front light,actually reading 28 volts ac .suspected that it may be a bad grounding,rectifier definatley fried,its going to cost me 140 bucks australian to get one .just blew 300 on new michellin m12s ,does any body rate these tyres

thanks again,just confirmed the voltage out of the front light,actually reading 28 volts ac .suspected that it may be a bad grounding,rectifier definatley fried,its going to cost me 140 bucks australian to get one .just blew 300 on new michellin m12s ,does any body rate these tyres

The only tires we use.......:applause: