HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bikermice

Buying oil filters in bulk, where?

41 posts in this topic

Where can I find oil filters in bulk amounts (ten or more at a time) for my 400/426 at a better than one at a time prices?

Give the TT store a ring i bet the might be able to do something for ya... Some guy just ordered a batch of 40 last time i was standing around shootin the breeze with those fellas.. :thumbsup:

Where can I find oil filters in bulk amounts (ten or more at a time) for my 400/426 at a better than one at a time prices?

I buy on E-bay. Do a search for HF-115 or HF-116 (stock), both work. (Hiflo filters)

OPPs, that is for a Honda CRF. Back to standing on my head.

In the past four years, for 3 YZF's, I have purchased exactly 3 oil filters; each one a Scotts stainless.

I got you beat gray. I have owned 3 big bore yz's 02, 04 & 07. I have only purchased one oil filter , scotts stainless. Seems no matter how much they advance the performance & technology of the yz's they still use the same oil filter.

Uh oh, i have a feeling you might tell me that it's time to replace mine gray? What's your two cents?

See, I couldn't do it your way because I owned three of them at once at one point.:thumbsup:

As to whether yours should be replaced, the answer is probably not, if it's been treated well. You could check an oil sample, if you could get one that was only filtered oil, and note the largest particle size bobbing around in it. They filter to 35 microns when new. Such oil samples are hard to get, though.

Those are Honda filters!

Ya, I just realized I posted in a Yamaha forum. Sorry, working too hard lately I guess. I still stick to the E-bay story though. I do have a Yamaha, just not my dirtbike.

Wrong filters.... HF 141's fits the 03 & up newer bikes. The HF 142's fit the the older 02 & prior 250/400/426's.
They're interchangeable. The early filters are brass mesh, and the later ones are a paper element. Other than that, there is no difference, and either one can be used in any YZF.

Given a choice between the brass mesh and the paper, I would choose the paper element, even for an older bike, because they filter much finer. The brass will only trap particles larger than 70-80 microns, whereas the paper filters will get most of anything bigger than 30, and some even smaller stuff.

Paper does have its drawbacks, though, and my choice is still the Scotts stainless.

I run the Hi-low filters - $3.30 a piece... I buy at least 10 at a time from my local shop - we gotta keep these shops around people - if we order everything off the internet and cut out the local dealerships we aren't going to be happy when they have to close their doors...

I run the Hi-low filters - $3.30 a piece... I buy at least 10 at a time from my local shop - we gotta keep these shops around people - if we order everything off the internet and cut out the local dealerships we aren't going to be happy when they have to close their doors...

No offense 127 but i would laugh if most of the dealers around me closed their doors, with the exception of one. All the others are over priced, rude and rarely have anything in stock.

No offense 127 but i would laugh if most of the dealers around me closed their doors, with the exception of one. All the others are over priced, rude and rarely have anything in stock.

Like it or not, it is probably the way of the future. With low priced efficient transport and the internet working together, it will be just too hard for the little guys to compete. Unless they offer superior service.

10 filters for $33.30 gets me maybe 15-20 rides. 1 stainless for $40.00-$50.00 gets me by for the life of my bike. :excuseme: Just get a stainless and be done with it. I agree with keeping the local shops open.:applause: Just make sure they are not raping you. Keep them honest and give them your business. I am lucky to have an awesome local dealership who sponsors me. With my sponsorship discount they beat internet prices anyways. Plus they stock everything, its great.

OK, I'm buying into the Scott's Stainless Steel Micronic Oil Filter sales pitch. Can you save me some search time and let me know who has the best price? $40.-$50. sounds good.