Help with broken carb

Bike is a 99 YZ400F.

Trying to attach the bowl back to the carb I managed to strip out the threads of the carb housing. While trying to repair it by theading in a larger screw I also managed to break off the corner of the carb bowl.

What would be the best way to repair these? Im thinking a new bowl and probably rethreading the hole on the carb housing? Either that or drilling the new bowl and carb housing out to accept a nut and bolt.

Any idea are welcome.?

Sudco.com sells a bunch of them but I'm having a problem figuring out exactly which one fits the YZ400.

48. Float Bowl

021-260 #1 Horizontal

021-259 #2 Horizontal w/ center pull

021-264 Single Horizontal

I think I narrowed it down to a choice between these three parts. Would anyone know by the description what one it would be?

It's a nightmare. Hearing that snap last night about made me sick.

Just the new bowl and gasket is $150 shipped and of course no one has them in stock. Yamaha won't sell just the bowl.

It seems that the smartest move would be to just replace the whole damn thing with an Edelbrock for $400 or so. Not sure if it's a direct replacement or if it takes allot of fooling around to make it work.

The one thing you learn with OEM replacement. It's never as easy as just getting that one piece sometimes. I lost a spring for the fuel screw in vat of oil. Rather than dumping out the oil and panning for a fuel screw spring i said i would just buy another spring. $25 later i had an extra stock fuel screw, washer and o-ring. Of course zip-ty now sells the whole assembly minus the fuel screw. I am guessing i am not the only guy who has lost a fuel screw or parts??

It's a nightmare. Hearing that snap last night about made me sick.

Just the new bowl and gasket is $150 shipped and of course no one has them in stock. Yamaha won't sell just the bowl.

It seems that the smartest move would be to just replace the whole damn thing with an Edelbrock for $400 or so. Not sure if it's a direct replacement or if it takes allot of fooling around to make it work.

If it was me I would lean to this option.

So I find this bike in supposedly great condition and make the 8 hour trip to get it. Several hours into the trip the salesman calls and tells me it has "developed" a bad bog when ripping on the throttle and the jug gasket seems to be bad. After some bardering and a 35% discount I end up taking it home.

After owning the bike for two weeks and having never really ridden it... well my patience has run out. Talked with a dozen salvage yards and none wanted to sell the bowl alone. Those that had a carb wanted 400-500 for them. Sudco had me worried about ordering the right part and it would have been a couple weeks before I got my hands on it. So I just ordered a new Edelbrock 3148 from Parts-Unlimited for $475 overnight Saturday delivery to the local parts shop.

Have a big ride going on in the local gravel pits this weekend with some fun jumps, hillclimbs, and plenty of mud. With any luck I'll get to finally have some fun and see what it will do.