Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
klx300rider

426 cam mod??!

6 posts in this topic

I can't determine from that ad. I don't see the year listed. It needs to be a 03 cam. Later years may work but I don't know the cut off as you go higher in years. New is only like $103 from the TT OEM store. I would be leary of buying used cams based on a photo IMO.

The exhaust cam from any YZ450 regardless of year will work, but the '03-'05 cam is the one most everyone has so far used.

I could be wrong, but I believe the YFZ cams are closer to the WR cam than the YZF cam. However, if those are actually out of a Yamaha then they are auto decomp cams and will work in your head if timed properly. Now all you have to do is decide if you are comfortable buying these parts used off of Ebay. Hope this helps.

Josh

Damn it. I hate that the quad cams are YFZ and the bikes are YZ*F. I'm always getting tripped up by that. The correct answer is yes, they'll go in the engine, but no, they aren't what you want. It would be a big step down in power. :thumbsup:

Damn it. I hate that the quad cams are YFZ and the bikes are YZ*F. I'm always getting tripped up by that. The correct answer is yes, they'll go in the engine, but no, they aren't what you want. It would be a big step down in power. :worthy:

I got tripped up by that also. Gray tell the boys @ Yamaha to change the YFZ designation to something else :thumbsup: lol.