HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cwarren

Tripple clamp question

4 posts in this topic

I have a 98 wr 400. The stem on the lower clamp is stripped out. There is a stock set of clamps on e-bay from a 2000 yz 426. I looked the numbers up on Ronnies microfiche and they are different. My question is whether they will work, or were the forks different from 98-00. Any quick answers will help, because they are really cheap and the auction ends in 10hrs from now!

You might want to check out the YZ forum. I bet there's a few guy's out there with early yz's who might be able to answer your question.

Another way is to compair the part numbers. If the same, I would definitely go ahead and get it.

On second thought they won't fit. I just checked Bikebandit's website OEM section and the part numbers don't match. Also, now that I think about it the YZ for sure has a different rake/trail. So I doubt they'll fit. Just my $ .02.

Im thinking the difference comes from how the headlight mounts on the Wr and the plate mounts on the YZ, not the rake and trail ]