Questions About Risers...

I dropped my bike recently. In the process of pulling it out of the mud & muck, I managed to rotate the handle bars in the clamps. Since the back tire was buried, and I was standing in front of the bike straddling the front tire when I pulled, they came forward quite a bit. Once I got back on the bike-I loved the placement!

I'm 6'3" and did not realize how cramped I was before! Now that the bars are actually forward of my body it is much more comfortable to ride.

My questions about risers are as follows:

How far forward will they move the bars?

How much higher will they sit?

I just purchased a Trail Tech Vapor and I am waiting for it to arrive. Will the risers affect how the Vapor mounts? Will it still be visible?

Who makes a good set of risers? Where should I purchase them????

What about the cables-will they have enough free-play to work with the new location?

Any things to look out for when purchasing risers? Any brands to stay away from?

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated!

One last question, are there any bars that will work with the risers to give me more height and/or distance away from my body?

Rox risers! roxspeedfx.com. They will allow you to put your bars wherever you want. I am 6' 5''. I just put the 2 inch antivibe on and love them. First ride was today. Riding on the street with knobbies, and it was smooth.

I'm useing a set from rocky mountain that don't move the bars forward, but they did make a positive diff.

Okay, after looking at the cost of those, I may just have to settle for a pair of bars that have a higher rise to them.. Any suggestions for "hi-rise" bars?

Okay, after looking at the cost of those, I may just have to settle for a pair of bars that have a higher rise to them.. Any suggestions for "hi-rise" bars?

CR double-high work for me. 6' and looonnnggg arms

Double-high CR are usually pretty easy to find, although you'll probably have to order.

Dem Rox Risers look good. Did you need to get longer cables ?

Dem Rox Risers look good. Did you need to get longer cables ?

Yes I did have to go with longer cables. This is why. I first had 1 inch block risers. Added Cr double high bend. Cables were good, but tight. Then decided to add the 2 inch anti vibe risers. So 1 inch plus the 2 inch, plus the cr double high bend. Awesome. If you have a larger tank the antivibe is really close to hitting, and might. So I kept the 1 inch block risers to help it clear. The new bar position is fantastic. The new adjust ability is fantastic. I ended up paying about 350 all together with bars, risers, and new heavy duty custom cables(clutch, and throttle cables). I feel it was worth it!

Yes, I have a bigger tank, the 12 liter IMS. Need to get raise the bar. Good info there xr650lbum, cheers.