HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kawabuggy

Questions About Risers...

8 posts in this topic

I dropped my bike recently. In the process of pulling it out of the mud & muck, I managed to rotate the handle bars in the clamps. Since the back tire was buried, and I was standing in front of the bike straddling the front tire when I pulled, they came forward quite a bit. Once I got back on the bike-I loved the placement!

I'm 6'3" and did not realize how cramped I was before! Now that the bars are actually forward of my body it is much more comfortable to ride.

My questions about risers are as follows:

How far forward will they move the bars?

How much higher will they sit?

I just purchased a Trail Tech Vapor and I am waiting for it to arrive. Will the risers affect how the Vapor mounts? Will it still be visible?

Who makes a good set of risers? Where should I purchase them????

What about the cables-will they have enough free-play to work with the new location?

Any things to look out for when purchasing risers? Any brands to stay away from?

Any/all help will be greatly appreciated!

One last question, are there any bars that will work with the risers to give me more height and/or distance away from my body?

Rox risers! roxspeedfx.com. They will allow you to put your bars wherever you want. I am 6' 5''. I just put the 2 inch antivibe on and love them. First ride was today. Riding on the street with knobbies, and it was smooth.

I'm useing a set from rocky mountain that don't move the bars forward, but they did make a positive diff.

Okay, after looking at the cost of those, I may just have to settle for a pair of bars that have a higher rise to them.. Any suggestions for "hi-rise" bars?

Okay, after looking at the cost of those, I may just have to settle for a pair of bars that have a higher rise to them.. Any suggestions for "hi-rise" bars?

CR double-high work for me. 6' and looonnnggg arms

Double-high CR are usually pretty easy to find, although you'll probably have to order.

Dem Rox Risers look good. Did you need to get longer cables ?

Yes I did have to go with longer cables. This is why. I first had 1 inch block risers. Added Cr double high bend. Cables were good, but tight. Then decided to add the 2 inch anti vibe risers. So 1 inch plus the 2 inch, plus the cr double high bend. Awesome. If you have a larger tank the antivibe is really close to hitting, and might. So I kept the 1 inch block risers to help it clear. The new bar position is fantastic. The new adjust ability is fantastic. I ended up paying about 350 all together with bars, risers, and new heavy duty custom cables(clutch, and throttle cables). I feel it was worth it!