Has anyone done the AP mod for 06'yz450?

Im trying to "get the bog out" Its not as bad as my 02'426 was but its there and the fuel screw helped a little. Some one on TT said the stock jetting is lean from the factory, is this true? Anyway, Im putting on the quickshot 2 to see if it helps this like it did on my 02 426. Im using the stock exhaust for now and I live at sea level here in Florida. I have some left over jets from my 02' 426..JD's Is redbeard450's AP mod applicable on a 06 YZ450F ?? Thanks people!:thumbsup: -JR

I've got an 07 450 and the bog was there also. I tried everything including a Boyseen Quickshot I already had, different pilot jets, main jets, leak jets, raising the needle and wiring the AC arm to the adjuster screw. No luck for me. I gave up and sent the carb to Zip-Ty racing like everyone said and I have to admit they did a great job. My throttle response isn't 2-stroke quick, but it's close. The bog is gone and my carburation is really good. I got my $100 worth. I did all the jetting changes they recommended before giving up, so what they are doing internally is making the big difference. I now run a 165 main, 48 pilot and my fuel screw about 2.5 turns out, just like they suggested.

Send your carb. You'll never get there with brass changes or a Boyseen Cover.

I've got an 07 450 and the bog was there also. I tried everything including a Boyseen Quickshot I already had, different pilot jets, main jets, leak jets, raising the needle and wiring the AC arm to the adjuster screw. No luck for me. I gave up and sent the carb to Zip-Ty racing like everyone said and I have to admit they did a great job. My throttle response isn't 2-stroke quick, but it's close. The bog is gone and my carburation is really good. I got my $100 worth. I did all the jetting changes they recommended before giving up, so what they are doing internally is making the big difference. I now run a 165 main, 48 pilot and my fuel screw about 2.5 turns out, just like they suggested.

Send your carb. You'll never get there with brass changes or a Boyseen Cover.

I feel the same way, my carb is pretty much just like yours, same jets same fuel screw setting.

also adjust some of the play, but not all of it - usually too much out of the throttle cables....this with the ZipTy will make it instantaneous response on the 06/07:thumbsup: