HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ragdoll-SA

06' Pressure in radiator ..!

3 posts in this topic

While preparing for a ride about 3weeks ago I checked my radiator level, when i opened the cap there wasa fair amount of pressure in the radiator. I thought nothing about it, went to the track the next day, while telling everyone about it i actually re-opened the cap and there was once again pressure in the radiator...?????:worthy: I hadn't started the bike since the prevoius evening..!!!

So i left it , rode the day at the track, didnt ride the following week (nor did i check it)..this evening i went to see whatsup with the radiator, as i opened it there was so much pressure in the radiator it actually sprayed out around 150-200ml ....

There is nothing in the oil...and it doesnt seem to be loosing water...:thumbsup:

There is just a load of pressure, could i have blown a head gasket, and if that's the case could there still be so much pressure after around 11days of not riding..??

Any ideas on &%$#@! could be causing this..:ride:

Could be a head gasket. Probably not blown, but it may have lost its torque. Remove the cams and check the head bolts. If it's been leaking, you'll want to replace it.