426 Clutch Cover

Anybody have a spare clutch cover that will fit an '02 426 that they want to sell?

My son crashed in the Desert 100 this weekend, by some miracle all he ended up with was a sore shoulder but the bike is a different story...the rear brake lever was jammed into the clutch cover so hard that it cracked it, along with destroying the brake lever, footpeg, rear disc guard and rear brake disc. :thumbsup:

Sure. I just went to the oversized clutch cover. My old one has a very slight dent in it, the outside looks fine, the inside has the hint of a crack, but holds oil fine (I even filled it with water, like a bowl) and it held...I just replaced it 'cuase I wanted a larger oil capacity.

PM me, you pay for shipping and its yours free. Oh yeah, its off an '01, but I think that the same as an '02 (you'll have to check if your interested). I'm guessing shipping would be under $10 bucks (Utah to Wash State).

I see you like Sammy "Hot, Sweet, and Sticky" Hagar! He's "Like Candy, Baby"!

Tough break Pete, hope you can find something. We have repaired a number of 426 cases with JB Weld, an option if things aren't spider webbed.

Tough break Pete, hope you can find something. We have repaired a number of 426 cases with JB Weld, an option if things aren't spider webbed.

Yeah, I was just happy that he didn't get hurt. I haven't even pulled it off the bike yet but it is pretty wasted. JB Weld is pretty amazing stuff but this thing is so hammered that I just want to replace it.

Wiz,

Make sure you check the clutch basket and plates for damage if the lever jammed the cover hard enough to break. A weak tang on the basket could spell big dollars.

Bill