'08 Yz450???

The 08's will not be available to purchase until fall. I bought the first 07 my local dealer received and it was October. Unless you have something else to ride, it's a long wait and another summer of riding gone by.

Super Dude,

Where you at in Cali? The thing we say about Cali is there is no such thing as "riding season" because it's ALWAYS riding season!

Im in Orange County and when it's too hot for Elsinore, Glen Helen or the high desert tracks (comp edge, racetown 395, adelanto mx park) we go to I-5 Gorman or the Sequoias!

Get out there and ride! :-)

EmDubya

For the 08 - I do not expect FI. But hopeful for a little more power than the 07 and more quality components such as chain etc... Suspension will probably be revalved from 07 for even more plusher feel. I would dare say a new swingarm as the Jap Natl pics seem to indicate a new swingarm. I wonder what non blue color will be offered......maybe purple or majenta....I hope not ?

Super Dude,

Where you at in Cali? The thing we say about Cali is there is no such thing as "riding season" because it's ALWAYS riding season!

Im in Orange County and when it's too hot for Elsinore, Glen Helen or the high desert tracks (comp edge, racetown 395, adelanto mx park) we go to I-5 Gorman or the Sequoias!

Get out there and ride! :-)

EmDubya

I'm in Ventura county. And if its 80+ I'll be at the Lake Wakeboarding:thumbsup:

I like to ride in 45-65* weather:ride:

I'm in Ventura county. And if its 80+ I'll be at the Lake Wakeboarding:thumbsup:

I like to ride in 45-65* weather:ride:

I ride in 120* weather. but its already wakeboarding season in az. just got my first run in 2 weekends ago.

I ride in 120* weather. but its already wakeboarding season in az. just got my first run in 2 weekends ago.

We have that weather here too..

Only getting to 100 at the moment..

But if you get up early and drive far enough inland you can still ride in 80 degree weather for a few hours after sunrise even in the middle of summer. That is here. So my guess is it would be even better there..

Regarding the Fuel Injection.. I have had my YZ for 2 years now and never touched the carb once, not even that adjuster screw.. Guess I have been lucky. But that bike truly is a rock.. Faithful, never lets me down.. But I keep it well serviced, like all you guys do I know.

Transworld said yamaha wont go FI until 09, honda and Zuk suppose to have it I wouldnt want it 1st year anyways let the bugs get out, might not be any but I am getting an 08 if changes are good

If they can inject street bikes, what makes you think they'll have problems with dirt bikes. Anyways doesn't cannondale (SP?) already have a FI bike out?

Wouldn't be surprised if we see small changes in the frame similar to what the 250f has this year, plus new swingarm. New valving especailly the shock(due to the new swingarm). Small engine upgrades and a 2 lb weight decrease.

I think this year they are going to focus on handling. The bike is already amazing.

Erik

If they can inject street bikes, what makes you think they'll have problems with dirt bikes. Anyways doesn't cannondale (SP?) already have a FI bike out?

I would have thought this was true. It is not like it was a totally new technology..