HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
01yz426

'08 Yz450???

26 posts in this topic

When will they be available??? Just wondering.... I might as well wait for the

'08 to come out and either get it, or a better deal on an '07..... Any info is greatly appreciated...

The 08's will not be available to purchase until fall. I bought the first 07 my local dealer received and it was October. Unless you have something else to ride, it's a long wait and another summer of riding gone by.

Who rides in the summer? Too hot around here. have you heard if there will be any changes for the 08?

1 person likes this

Super Dude,

Where you at in Cali? The thing we say about Cali is there is no such thing as "riding season" because it's ALWAYS riding season!

Im in Orange County and when it's too hot for Elsinore, Glen Helen or the high desert tracks (comp edge, racetown 395, adelanto mx park) we go to I-5 Gorman or the Sequoias!

Get out there and ride! :-)

EmDubya

For the 08 - I do not expect FI. But hopeful for a little more power than the 07 and more quality components such as chain etc... Suspension will probably be revalved from 07 for even more plusher feel. I would dare say a new swingarm as the Jap Natl pics seem to indicate a new swingarm. I wonder what non blue color will be offered......maybe purple or majenta....I hope not :thumbsup:

the oem chain will aways be crap.

always has been, that trend will continue

The chains will get better some day, just like the wheels and handle bars have.

the oem chain will aways be crap.

always has been, that trend will continue

positive thinking plz...........I hope the trend won't continue.....:thumbsup:

Super Dude,

Where you at in Cali? The thing we say about Cali is there is no such thing as "riding season" because it's ALWAYS riding season!

Im in Orange County and when it's too hot for Elsinore, Glen Helen or the high desert tracks (comp edge, racetown 395, adelanto mx park) we go to I-5 Gorman or the Sequoias!

Get out there and ride! :-)

EmDubya

I'm in Ventura county. And if its 80+ I'll be at the Lake Wakeboarding:thumbsup:

I like to ride in 45-65* weather:ride:

The chains will get better some day, just like the wheels and handle bars have.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

I'm hoping for fuel injection on the 08's. If they do come out with it I may have to scrape some change together.

Word from the Japanese Nationals was '09 for EFI. There's only one way to know for sure, though.

Transworld said yamaha wont go FI until 09, honda and Zuk suppose to have it I wouldnt want it 1st year anyways let the bugs get out, might not be any but I am getting an 08 if changes are good

I wouldnt want it 1st year anyways let the bugs get out,
How many bugs were there in the '98 YZ400, '00 YZ426, '01 YZ250F, '03 YZ450, or '06 YZ450?

How many bugs were there in the '98 YZ400, '00 YZ426, '01 YZ250F, '03 YZ450, or '06 YZ450?

I told myself you where going to say that. I knew it haha your right but I just wish yamaha would make vehicles because every 1st year model I buy is a Piece.

I just wish yamaha would make vehicles because every 1st year model I buy is a Piece.

Buy a Toyota. Toyota owns part of Yamaha. :thumbsup:

The Taurus SHO was a Yamaha engine. The car was a pile, but the engine was a stone.

Also, the 4.4L DOHC, 315 hp (@6000) V-8 Volvo is a Yamaha engine.

I'm in Ventura county. And if its 80+ I'll be at the Lake Wakeboarding:thumbsup:

I like to ride in 45-65* weather:ride:

I ride in 120* weather. but its already wakeboarding season in az. just got my first run in 2 weekends ago.

I ride in 120* weather. but its already wakeboarding season in az. just got my first run in 2 weekends ago.

We have that weather here too..

Only getting to 100 at the moment..

But if you get up early and drive far enough inland you can still ride in 80 degree weather for a few hours after sunrise even in the middle of summer. That is here. So my guess is it would be even better there..

Regarding the Fuel Injection.. I have had my YZ for 2 years now and never touched the carb once, not even that adjuster screw.. Guess I have been lucky. But that bike truly is a rock.. Faithful, never lets me down.. But I keep it well serviced, like all you guys do I know.

Transworld said yamaha wont go FI until 09, honda and Zuk suppose to have it I wouldnt want it 1st year anyways let the bugs get out, might not be any but I am getting an 08 if changes are good

If they can inject street bikes, what makes you think they'll have problems with dirt bikes. Anyways doesn't cannondale (SP?) already have a FI bike out?

I bet Zuk will be the first with FI. They were there with the GSX-R's, the LT-R 450 race quad and I'm sure they'll be there with the RMZ.