HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gdavis2265

xr600 oil fitting size?

2 posts in this topic

Would anybody know what size female fittings are used for the two short hoses on the '86 xr600 dry sump? I take it the larger of the two lines is the feed line?

I need to fabricate some adapters to usa a external oil res.

Also, what is the procedure for priming the system and verifying flow at first start-up? I'd hate to burn this thing up.

Thanks for any info.

Glenn

I know they are metric,you could do it the easy way like I did just cut the brass lines on the bike and slide a 3/8 rubber oil cooler hose over the it and clamp it with 2 hose clamps on each line,then take your oil cooler and rethread the threads to american pipe threads then just insert a 90 degree brass fitting withe a 3/8 barb fitting inserted into that,use some loctite hydraulic sealent on the threads. as for priming, I was worried about that on mine,but the oil pumps up so fast it takes only a couple of seconds to get the flow going,don't worry every time you shut the bike off all the oil flows down,thats why are bikes are a bitch to check the oil on.

oil cooler set up 001.jpg

oil cooler set up 004.jpg