10p block connector....for Taffy mod???

Where did you guys buy these "10p block connectors" at for the Taffy mod? I am doing this mod to a 02' KTM520 SX on Saturday and need this connector. I went to Home Depot tonight and they didnt have anything that looked like it. I will be going to Radio Shack and I'm sure they will have something! It is a common electrical piece right?

Here are the pics for those of you who have no clue of what I am talking about!!

taffy21.jpg

taffy11.jpg

taffy1.jpg

Thanks,

Garrett

This connector is a very common connector use by electricians for joining earth wires together for house wiring etc.In Australia we call them BP connectors and you can pick them up from any electrical whole saler for about 30c each.Make sure you get the earth ones because it is the only one with two screws.

Negative on electrical supplies. I tried 3 wholesalers... they were too big.

Go to one of those big hobby shops. Get a WHEEL COLLAR. They hold wheels on axles for RC cars etc. 3/32 size fits perfect, 1/8 will also work.

Available in nickle plated or hardened steel, your choice ?

• 4 months later...

HERE IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE LOCKING COLLAR FOR THE TAFFY ACCELERATOR PUMP MOD-(APPLIES TO '98/99 YZ'S AND WR'S)

See: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=wheel+collars&FVPROFIL=++

These are the locking axle collars for RC (Remote Control) airplanes. The 3/32" collar just fits the 2.5mm rod that goes down to the pump. They come in a package of four for ~$1.30. The outer diameter is 6.4mm which is nearly the same as the 6mm brass tube that the rod goes into. It also comes with the tiny allen wrench to tighten it. I found it at the local hobby store also.

James

[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: James Dean ]