Hitting neutral

Hey just wondering if any of you 650l owners have any complaints about 1st to 2nd gear shifting with your bike mine seems to be getting a little harder to get to second gear .I'm hitting neutral more often than I like,any suggestions.

Hey just wondering if any of you 650l owners have any complaints about 1st to 2nd gear shifting with your bike mine seems to be getting a little harder to get to second gear .I'm hitting neutral more often than I like,any suggestions.

<<<<<<>>>>>

We're all pretty used to this quirk. It's a big step up in gear ratio and the shift has to be pretty deliberate. I installed a 13t counter so I could make 2nd more useful at a lower speed so I don't need 1st so often

:thumbsup::worthy::ride:

Lower the shifter a notch or two, it may help.

Lower the shifter a notch or two, it may help.

I had the same when i first got mine and gonna do this forgot to this weekend when i was installin some parts

It allways happens to me when I go from rideing with shit kickers on to my off road boots never fails.

Had the same problem til i changed out the shifter to an MSR all steel one. Dropped it down just enough so when I flick it now, it totally grabs 2nd and holds.:thumbsup: Tried to adj factory one and it sat too low for me

Todd

Lower your shifter, and follow through :thumbsup:

i have the same prob on a XR250L...maby its just XR's in general, i find you have to pull up a little harder going from 1st to 2nd.

Thanks for all the replys I guess maybe when I droped it on the ice this year It's a little bent doesn't quite have the same feel I'll try your suggestions.thankx.

msr shifter and drop it a tooth!

You might want to try some different brands and types of oil. It can really make a difference with shifting.

You might want to try some different brands and types of oil. It can really make a difference with shifting.

I'm currently using Amsoil ful synthetic and your right it does make a differece.