HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Boy named sue

Hitting neutral

12 posts in this topic

Hey just wondering if any of you 650l owners have any complaints about 1st to 2nd gear shifting with your bike mine seems to be getting a little harder to get to second gear .I'm hitting neutral more often than I like,any suggestions.

Hey just wondering if any of you 650l owners have any complaints about 1st to 2nd gear shifting with your bike mine seems to be getting a little harder to get to second gear .I'm hitting neutral more often than I like,any suggestions.

<<<<<<>>>>>

We're all pretty used to this quirk. It's a big step up in gear ratio and the shift has to be pretty deliberate. I installed a 13t counter so I could make 2nd more useful at a lower speed so I don't need 1st so often

:thumbsup::worthy::ride:

Lower the shifter a notch or two, it may help.

I had the same when i first got mine and gonna do this forgot to this weekend when i was installin some parts

Had the same problem til i changed out the shifter to an MSR all steel one. Dropped it down just enough so when I flick it now, it totally grabs 2nd and holds.:thumbsup: Tried to adj factory one and it sat too low for me

Todd

i have the same prob on a XR250L...maby its just XR's in general, i find you have to pull up a little harder going from 1st to 2nd.

Thanks for all the replys I guess maybe when I droped it on the ice this year It's a little bent doesn't quite have the same feel I'll try your suggestions.thankx.

You might want to try some different brands and types of oil. It can really make a difference with shifting.

You might want to try some different brands and types of oil. It can really make a difference with shifting.

I'm currently using Amsoil ful synthetic and your right it does make a differece.