HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TooFast

Will an 07 WR450F kickstand fit a 06/07YZ450F?

8 posts in this topic

I havent actually tried it but on Yamaha 's microfiche it looks like it should work. But the catch is unless you can get a whole kickstand assembly used or given to you it will be way cheaper to just buy a PMB or similar. We started to price one out at the dealership...:ride: :ride: :p:lol::ride: ...not an option. I was hoping to see if it fit for sure and then maybe hit up the WR forum and see if anyone wanted to sell one cheap. But then again when I had my WR there is no way I would have gotten rid of my kickstand.:worthy::thumbsup: Let us know if you find anything else out.

just get the pro-billet one. it is spring loaded and clean looking.

That was kinda my point, unless it did fit and you could find someone who just didnt want theirs. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the feedback - I called the Yammie dealer down the street and got quoted $139 for the kickstand, $135 for the footpeg/mounting bracket, $13 for the spring......must be made out of gold. So I dug through my junk box last night and found an old RMX kickstand and mounting bracket that oughta work with a little massaging

Has anyone tried to fit a 2007 WR450F kickstand on a 06/07 YZ450F?

I'm not 100% sure on the '07's, but prior the answer is no. The WR's use a frame that has 2 welded 10mm lugs near the left footpeg mount to bolt the kickstand to. The YZ's don't have these frame mounts. You could get crafty of course.......

I'm not 100% sure on the '07's, but prior the answer is no. The WR's use a frame that has 2 welded 10mm lugs near the left footpeg mount to bolt the kickstand to. The YZ's don't have these frame mounts. You could get crafty of course.......

Since the 07's went alluminum they changed the bracketing. It actually uses the footpeg mount to attach. I am pretty sure it would work...but

I called the Yammie dealer down the street and got quoted $139 for the kickstand, $135 for the footpeg/mounting bracket, $13 for the spring......must be made out of gold.
:thumbsup::worthy::ride: :ride: