HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pacific

Reserve in a Clarke 4.7 Gallon Tank?

7 posts in this topic

Is there a reserve in these tanks, and if so, how much? What is the "real" usable fuel range in the 4.7 -- 3.5, 4, 4.5?

Is there a reserve in these tanks, and if so, how much? What is the "real" usable fuel range in the 4.7 -- 3.5, 4, 4.5?

Ahhh... The reserve is determined by the petcock you fit to the tank and the length of the tube that rises above the base of the tank. You would be best served by determining it yourself IMHO.

Ahhh... The reserve is determined by the petcock you fit to the tank and the length of the tube that rises above the base of the tank. You would be best served by determining it yourself IMHO.

Hopefully not the hard way. When I fitted a diff. carb to my bike my researve changed, not for the better either.

Depends to on how many times you tip the bike over to get as much gas as you can possibly use.

I have a clarke 4.7. My bike is uncorked, de-smogged, suppertrapp, and has Dave's mods, getting 36 mpg. I get around 140 miles before having to go to reserve, and have ridden around 20+ miles on my reserve before filling up.

Good luck!:thumbsup:

I have a clarke 4.7. My bike is uncorked, de-smogged, suppertrapp, and has Dave's mods, getting 36 mpg. I get around 140 miles before having to go to reserve, and have ridden around 20+ miles on my reserve before filling up. :

That's just about what I get. I figure 35 mpg and roughly 160-170 per tank. Do not know for sure where my reserve is, but have followed a friend with the same set up and he milked another 20-25 miles out of his reserve.