Rear Brake Banjo Bolt

Fellow WR owners,

Has anyone had any problems with the aftermarket Rear Brake Banjo Bolt not working properly. I do not run a conversion kit with a battery, instead I installed a Banjo Bold and wired it up to the rear brake light harness. It has been working for the past six months but I just installed new pads and bled the brake. Now in order for the rear brake to light up when the lever is depressed I have to rev it to 6 or more RPM to make the bike produce enough juice to lite my bulb up. There is no air in the lines and it the brakes work fine, but I cannot ride on the street due to this problem.

Can anyone help?

I have a hydraulic brake light switch that has been replaced once(Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit). I thought that maybe I had air in my brake lines when this switch went weak then stopped working completely.

Put a new one on and everthing works.

I tested the old switch by depressing the little button inside with a small nail while I had an ohm meter connected to the two leads ahd no resistance. The switch somehow internally ceased to make contact.

You may need to replace the switch, but take it off and test it first for good resistance. If it pegs the meter probably not the switch.

BTW if your switch has two tabs sticking out to connect to your wiring this is the "old style" switch, "new style" has two short wires for leads.

Bajadesigns.com

I have a hydraulic brake light switch that has been replaced once(Baja Designs Dual Sport Kit). I thought that maybe I had air in my brake lines when this switch went weak then stopped working completely.

Put a new one on and everthing works.

I tested the old switch by depressing the little button inside with a small nail while I had an ohm meter connected to the two leads and no resistance. The switch somehow internally ceased to make contact.

You may need to replace the switch, but take it off and test it first for good resistance. If it pegs the meter probably not the switch.

BTW if your switch has two tabs sticking out to connect to your wiring this is the "old style" switch, "new style" has two short wires for leads.

Bajadesigns.com

Guys,

My problem is not the Banjo Bolt. At 6 rmp the rear bulb will light up but not at idle. The switch is working it's just that I'm not getting the juice to light her up. I have 16 guage wire and it worked fine before until I changed the rear pads.

It's $60 Canadian for the Banjo bolt and even ordering a new one from Baja Designes for $20 US which is $30 Cdn plus $10 for shipping and then there are the taxes. *&^* taxes.

What should I do?

TBronko,

My bulb is new and works fine. I talked to a electrician yesterday and my orignal idea of going to a smaller guage wire is not feasable. The smaller the diamiater wire, the more resistance. He suggested that it's my ground to the frame.

Where is the ground located?