Re: '06 YZ 450 decompression problem?

hi. had a question about the auto decomp mechanism. it is not related to this link. do you know of any trends on the 06 yz450f that the auto decomp mechanism is failing. my bike never had a problem starting, then bamm, one day no start, super tough to kick the kick starter. i did a valve adjustment, cleaned and oiled all the parts, the auto decomp on the camshaft seemed to be working fine. put the bike back together and whamm, she fired right up. fast forward, went to go riding the next day, fired up to warm it up, rolled on the throttle a few times and then killed the motor. got my goggles to go ride and bamm, the kickstarter was super difficult again and she won't start again.

i'm really not certain what i fixed the during my valve adjustment? any ideas

dave 702 682 5991

hi. had a question about the auto decomp mechanism. it is not related to this link. do you know of any trends on the 06 yz450f that the auto decomp mechanism is failing. my bike never had a problem starting, then bamm, one day no start, super tough to kick the kick starter. i did a valve adjustment, cleaned and oiled all the parts, the auto decomp on the camshaft seemed to be working fine. put the bike back together and whamm, she fired right up. fast forward, went to go riding the next day, fired up to warm it up, rolled on the throttle a few times and then killed the motor. got my goggles to go ride and bamm, the kickstarter was super difficult again and she won't start again.

i'm really not certain what i fixed the during my valve adjustment? any ideas

dave 702 682 5991

no more riding -

open the motor up and recheck everything. What did you adjust/not adjust?

Before you took everything apart, did you make sure the timing was correct?

My cam chain jumped a few teeth on my yz450. If you have ever overheated your bike the cam chain will warp and get stiff. Just a suggestion.