HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZEHR

stator mod done, how many ac volts?

3 posts in this topic

I've done the stator mod that BD explains on thier web site, I would like to know if anyone has checked the AC voltage they get from the Yellow to the White wire BEFORE it goes into the reg/rec. My reading is a 28-31 volts AC is this normal, please help. I've checked all over the forum and can't find a good answer, thanks again!!

I have a 04 WR 450f sm thanks!

iwas told by bd my 01 426 should be 30- 50 vac at high rpm .at lest you have voltage mine dont

iwas told by bd my 01 426 should be 30- 50 vac at high rpm .at lest you have voltage mine dont

That is probably "open circuit voltage" and it will be higher. The lighting coil cant take a heavy load and when the light is installed, it "pulls" the AC votage down to a reasonable level and is why it didnt need regulating. But if you are upping the system power (amps), it needs to be regulated or the light will burn out quickly.